Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Backdrop much better than 9’s Sydney arvo one.

7 Likes

Looks great, kinda looks like they’re going down the Nine Live route by saying the City name at the bottom, I can only hope Perth’s bulletin has been tweaked to add similar features like this, though I’m not holding my breath. :confused:

A local ticker would be nice too, or perhaps I’m asking for too much. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

6 Likes

“7 News: First at 4 Sydney” = Cringe!

Love the backdrop though. Much, much better than Nine.

7 Likes

New Title-Card or Promo shot? Seven sure loves to constantly tweak things… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

For the first time, we just got a 7 News with mark Ferguson promo here on the North Coast (same as the picture posted above)

And the change is a bit of a shame for those of us not in Sydney - now it feels as if they’re going out of their way to exclude the rest of NSW… we’re people too!

3 Likes

For those wondering, this was the titlecard used at the start of today’s 4pm bulletin:

It’ll be interesting to see if the 6pm news titlecards are slightly tweaked for tonight, but I definitely hope they won’t use that footage of Sydney at Sunrise (ie, the opposite end of the day!) as part of it! :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Here’s the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMthIVKua20

2 Likes

Anne just crossed to Mark Furgo in the newsroom, with a new newsroom backdrop.

6 Likes

You would’ve hated seeing the preview for Sydney’s 6pm news with Mark Ferguson integrated into the 4pm bulletin, rather than being a pre-recorded piece. One wonders what Prime7 thought of that one.

1 Like

10 Likes

…r…r…relaunch? :stuck_out_tongue:
Nah, probably not, it might just be a little tweak like the title-card. Although… :smirk:

Edit: Ok I take that back, if that picture that @Tom_TV7 isn’t​ a sign of a possible Relaunch, I don’t know what else is! :stuck_out_tongue: It even carries the slanted look from the new look promos. 2010 here we come! :joy:

2 Likes

It was interesting - we saw the preview with Mark Ferguson, then they cut off when she said “It’s 4:49, here’s a look at Sydney’s traffic” and went to an ad break, then came back to Ann for the Sean Berry live interview, and then another ad break when they did the usual Prime7 News preview. Different!

2 Likes

I bet Queensland local Afternoon News gets a new backdrop tomorrow affternoon, since Nine had a Brisbane loop. Might use the live shot.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Really like that OTS.

3 Likes

My recording failed so I’ve missed the first 20 minutes :frowning:

There’s a different backdrop behind Rosanna with the angled blue lines similar to those seen on the most recent Adelaide promo ender. (Edit: I see @Tom_TV7 has posted one :slight_smile: )

I’ll edit this post with a few random caps of interest a little later on.

Also promo endboards:

9 Likes

:-1::-1::-1: Why won’t they use the Sydney Harbour and all like the main bulletin?

For those who missed it/didn’t see it, some snapshots of the set presentation on today’s first edition of Seven News First At 4 Sydney (that’s what it’s called…isn’t it?):

My verdict? Overall there are some good bits (perhaps even one or two things I can see Nine News Sydney at 4pm incorporating into their bulletin before overly long) but also some elements that can be improved on like the abbreviations on the weather flipper. Instead of thinking of them as abbreviations for notable local locations, I think many viewers will be wondering who CAM, PEN, LIV, RIC and GOS might be! :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Perth has adopted Sydney style updates… there was Sydney’s style standing "coming up at 4 graphic just didn’t cap it

8 Likes

Stunning OTS. Really simple to just overlay the glass 7 as an OTS border, but incredibly effective. Makes Melbourne’s afternoon backdrop look incredibly dated.

7 Likes

I’d be 99% confident saying there has not been a single promo about the new bulletin.

3 Likes