Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

All over red rover!

2 Likes

Just catching up… so Seven News for Perth was presented from Melbourne?

Does the TVW studio not have capacity to host a news bulletin and an election coverage on the same night?

I would have thought if the TVW studio wasn’t available just to do an OB news from around Perth somewhere. Has TVW done those before?

Why would they go to GWN? That’s not Seven property, the studio and facilities are probably inferior to Seven’s and there’s probably no integration between that studio and Seven’s presentation suite. If they insist on using an alternative studio then it makes sense to use another Seven property.

1 Like

I’m guessing they wanted as many resources as possible to go toward the election coverage. Letting HSV produce 6pm at least allows an OB crew to be placed elsewhere for the election.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Unlike the east coast GWN7 and Seven Perth have close relations, yes they don’t have the same presentation however there is a green screen and or plasmas to be used just for one presenter. Since the move to Osborne Park the studio built isn’t very versatile apart from being able to change viewing aspects of the set as it is virtual. Hopefully this just shows Seven they need to burn that virtual set and never use it again

3 Likes

3 Likes

I guess because they used the same set as news its hard to go from 1 live show to another with virtual set changes and camera command changes would be pretty tricky and getting talent all in.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Seven Perth has a TOS Studio ??
If they did they could have presented the news from there like 9 did

+1, the only networks that need to use a VS is C31 and even that’s an insult to them.

Seven’s weekend news for the Gold Coast

4 Likes

Behind the Scenes in the Perth Newsroom from last night, If i was managing Seven Perth i would remove the desks behind Geoff and turn it into a mini Newsroom set

4 Likes

It is the actual Newsroom for 7 and the west!

2 Likes

Yes I am sure the user realises that they are really producers not actors there. They’re talking about the desk with just a single monitor with ‘7 News’ on it.

Yes i am well aware they share offices with the West and Sunday times, my point is that they should remove the desk to the left hand side with the boxes and the one with the monitor away to turn it into a mini set instead of cramming in everything like they did on Saturday.

Point taken :grinning:

At least it’s not a virtual newsroom.

4 Likes

We must go deeper!

3 Likes

Adelaide’s 7 News Early Edition (called Seven Afternoon News in EPG) was presented by Rosanna Mangiarelli with Mark Soderstrom on Sport and Amelia Mulcahy doing the weather.

Ticker during The Chase (UK):

Sport handover and weather with a detailed tomorrow outlook instead of a 7 day forecast:

There were a couple of plugs for what’s coming up in the 6pm news and Today Tonight (one for each programme):

The return from breaks used live vision from 7’s skycam:

The bulletin wasn’t without a blooper, this one when trying to play a recorded story:

8 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Is local news at 4 on 7 ADL a perm thing? Or one off?

1 Like