Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I notice during The Chase news headlines were running across the screen
Haven’t notice this before in Perth

1 Like

7 News the brand is. So it’s correct.

I think Mischevious is referring to the lines in current/recent Seven News Sydney promos like…

“It takes years of experience to earn your place in the number one newsroom in the country with Mark Ferguson”

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. They’re still number one for morning news and afternoon news, so it’s correct. Decietful maybe, but technically correct, yes.

I have to agree with this post.

1 Like

With Sunrise having won 14 weeks straight including every day this year, I don’t think they will be making any sudden and/or significant changes. They seem to have worked out their issues from last year and have a very comfortable lead in the breakfast ratings.

5 Likes

What’s with the sudden influx of lunatic set/presenter warriors? They’re doing something right if they’re winning and that’s what actually matters.

7 Likes

Just because something is popular, doesn’t mean it’s above criticism.

1 Like

No-one said otherwise. However, pointing out the viewer preference can be a good counter to criticism, and helps to base the discussion in the realities of TV programming. There’s no point advocating significant format changes that are just based on a personal preference without taking into account what will happen to viewer numbers. I could hardly say for example that “Seven should get rid of that terrible newsreading duo in Perth” and not expect to have their popularity pointed out.

4 Likes

Message for Gold Coast viewers

8 Likes

7 News Melbourne having some issues with VizRT tonight???

As I only watch Seven News Queensland on weekends, I just noticed tonight that BTQ have finally replaced that horrid blue-yellow panel behind the sports presenter with a still night shot of Brisbane skyline. It looked so much better. Not sure if it has been in place since Monday.

1 Like

First time tonight

Formerly

11 Likes

Looks so much better. Now if only they can get rid of the awful blue in the studio…

5 Likes

Is that a screen or a static image?

Judging by the shape I’d say it’s just a lightbox.

It’s an improvement but I’m sure we all agree that Seven Brisbane is in pretty dire need of a brand new set. It and the regional Queensland sets must be the only ones in the country left with rear-projection screens.

3 Likes

Seven News is in pretty dire need of a brand new set in most markets if you ask me. But since the current Sydney/national set is arguably influenced by Brisbane’s current/recent look set in parts (what with all the blue lined panels and stuff), I can’t see much changing anytime soon.

I’d say that the new backdrop for the “Sports” section of Brisbane’s set is just printed out, with maybe a lightbox to enhance the brightness. A slight improvement on the godawful blue/yellow panel but I’m not overly amazed by it.

5 Likes

Their current set could look much better if it wasn’t for the tweaks.

1 Like

When I first saw it in the close-ups, I thought it was a plasma but in the wideshot it looks like a panel.

[quote=“eddel, post:3155, topic:103”]
It’s an improvement but I’m sure we all agree that Seven Brisbane is in pretty dire need of a brand new set.
[/quote] With this recent modifications and the Gold Coast receiving a similar set, I think we can safely say that Seven News Brisbane isn’t getting a new set anytime soon.

6 Likes

Sydney should as well. TDE set can be used for weather screen as well.