Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Time for SAS7 & TVW7 to get 400k ratings alone, gotta wheel out Jane & John and Rick & Sue

1 Like

From Seven Sydney (insert name of local news reader for elsewhere).

60 Years of Television News

Countdown To Our Greatest News Events

Wednesday 23 November at 8.40pm

Seven News presents one of the most significant news events since television started in Australia.

Join Mark Ferguson as he delivers the stories that shocked and shaped us, made us laugh, gasp and cry.

We countdown the Top 10 world-shattering news events of the past six decades both at home and across the globe.

The arrival of colour television, the moon landing, the Beatles in Australia.

Who can forget the death of Diana or the assassination of President Kennedy?

The Sydney Olympics or our famous America’s Cup victory?

What will be Number One? Everyone will have an opinion.

A panel of Australia’s leading academics will deliberate and present their final list of the most defining moments on television.

Featuring never-before-seen archive footage, Seven News presenters and reporters who were there when it happened give their unique and compelling accounts of being in the front seat as they witnessed history in the making.

1 Like

Really? When did the copywriter from Nine start working for Seven?

6 Likes

Has anyone got video of the opener in Melbourne last night?

Hang on, is Seven saying that this show is actually a significant news event too?

I know Seven News’ brand is already in the bin, but imagine producing a Bert Newton 20 to 1 countdown style programme. Desperate or what?

1 Like

I do yes :slight_smile: can upload tonight?

2 Likes

Thank you Leostar you legend!

Tomorrow’s news special extended to 10:05pm finish

Brisbane’s version of the “world-shattering” news event

1 Like

Some pretty decent presentation using a virtual kind of set to describe the Japan earthquake.
Need more of these IMO.

10 Likes

Is it just me or is do all the presenters from each state look awful in these promos?

Each state is obviously going to have a different top 10? A few national/world stories but then their own local stories.

I think it will have predominantly the same world events with a couple of different local news events in each, Jill Magher Melbourne, Sydney Siege etc

2 Likes
3 Likes

I actually meant the opener from Friday after the bank fire. But thanks all the same!

Will upload Friday’s tomorrow night :slight_smile:

I am not too sure that is the best decision, given that Seven News’ 6.30 figures are usually weaker against Nine than they are at 6.

But the comparison would more likely be what Seven’s 6.30 news gets to what TT would get. I think TT would rate lower than what the current set up does - it used to in the past which is a big part of why the change was made.

2 Likes
1 Like

Yet funnily enough most of the “live crosses” are pre-recorded anyway.

2 Likes