Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Gimme a mock :smile:

1 Like

Have a look at Grady’s mock sets thread. He did a few on Seven News. Some amazing things in there.

The shape of the Perth desk is terrible. If you go back to November 2019 in this thread you can have a proper look at all the images (and memes).

It’s like Melbourne’s desk. A weird shape. Although this one is 5x worse.

4 Likes

It would’ve only looked good if they had an awesome set (which they don’t) to support it instead of the abominable green screen.

Al Jazeera had a similar design for their old set which looked quite good in an open set. It is a good concept mucked up by Seven Perth.

4 Likes

Why the heck do I remember you saying you liked the Melbourne desk? Was that before it changed - and compared to the other sets at the time?

Will do - sounds good

Yes. As I’ve mentioned, it worked in the original spot because it was clearly designed and shaped for that exact position.

2 Likes

https://forums.mediaspy.org/search?q=perth%20topic%3A416

Link to the Perth name in the Mock Studio Designs thread

EDIT: Two of my favorites

6 Likes

it’s just covering the action.

2 Likes

Good on you for choosing those. I see you have elements which fit beautifully when put together. The Sunrise one would especially work well :grin:

1 Like

Seven Morning News continuing past 12 today - looks like it could go until 12:30 as Ann said they would go live to the PM’s conference at 12:30. New stories still being shown after 12, with no weather yet (apart from Brownie doing a short weather update at around 11:40).

4 Likes

I LOVE those mocks for Perth. If only they’d be so adventurous.

2 Likes

It’s just Nick (@Nicholas :laughing:)

4 Likes

You found me!

2 Likes

Maybe forward to seven Perth news director

3 Likes

They won’t listen.

Ironically just like most of their management. They don’t like moving forward and prefers doing their own thing.

4 Likes

Plus they don’t have the finance at the moment to build a new set.

3 Likes

The Melbourne desk is just one of those unnecessary curved displays normally found at airports to display ads but with a table built around it.

It’s too big for the space but the whole set is awkward and I’m not sure how else you would design it.

Meanwhile in Adelaide, their set looks like a modern oversized clinic front reception or an emergency department at a hospital. Perth - I have no words for you.

4 Likes

It looks more like jagged National Nine News desk from the 2004-2009 era (but at least it looked decent during the time). That Seven Melbourne desk looks like it belongs to that era too and is far too outdated for this day and age.

Their newsroom set back in the day was excellent. Not sure how they can re-design it these days but hopefully when they have money they can get a professional to design their sets.

Surprisingly it actually looks better (compared to the other Seven sets, but that’s not really saying much since the bar is already quite low around the country).

1 Like

The more I watch 7 News Melb, the more ridiculous it looks when Peter or Mike or whoever is hosting, turns around to speak with Jane Bunn. Its so botched. I know its been discussed in length here but its just so jarring every time I see it.

Also noticed last night, when they cross to the news room, you can see Mitch and Tim at the desk on set behind the reporter.

4 Likes

Happens just about every time they cross to the newsroom.
Also, occasionally you see the backdrop change as well.

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed that too.