Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Its not uncommon to catch a glimpse of GC before 6pm. Because GC essentially plays out of Brisbane, it can happen if timing is a little off.

3 Likes

7News Brisbane opened the bulletin with the Qld Police Amber Alert graphics and sounds.
They played them again from the break just before 6.30.

2 Likes

New sports backdrop as well tonight. Can anyone cap? Looks like the actual set is the same in the wide shot, it was the way the graphic slid in and was framed that changed.

1 Like

I’ve never seen once of these go to air.
Any video?

No but when I flicked over to 9 they also used it later in the bulletin

2 Likes

The Afternoon News clock appears to be in a different font today:

How it usually appears:

For some reason, it also didn’t disappear during the headlines transition until a few seconds later.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Is that a different screen for sport? Or just the way they’ve used it?

2 Likes

I think it’s just the way they’re using it, a graphical overlay made to appear as if it’s a screen.

5 Likes

It’s not a screen as far as I know, just a static backdrop.

As @SydneyCityTV mentioned, it would appear they’re just making the OTS look like it’s a screen.

4 Likes

That’s pretty well done. Wouldn’t have known otherwise!

14 Likes

I think it is a requirement. They do the same alert system for cyclones.

Just looks like the OTS has been integrated into the set. Not bad, a little too wide, but wouldn’t it just be easier if they were screens from the beginning.

3 Likes

Here’s the Fergo return promo:

5 Likes

Brisbane tonight

10 Likes

Do we know yet when Kay’s final bulletin will be?

4 Likes

Kay finishes on Jan 26.

6 Likes

That end shot is really awkward, even more awkward than usual for Fergo!

4 Likes

(Cap thanks to TV Cynic’s montage)

Is that a play button that appears very briefly in the top right corner?

5 Likes

Looks like the VLC one

2 Likes

The odd thing is, it’s only really in the last 5-6 years or so (If you want to believe that Sydney Confidential article, a side effect of those acting lessons he took in 2014?) that Mark Ferguson has looked really awkward in promos.

I don’t remember Fergo looking that awkward in promos during his time at Nine, or even the first few years at Seven!

1 Like