Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I was referring to the weekend (which in the Sydney TV news market, is Friday/Saturday but I thought we all knew that by now) of the Queensland state election at the end of next month, when Michael Usher is expected to present Seven’s coverage up there. That’s when I’d expect to see a fill-in presenter on Seven News Sydney.

3 Likes

And elections are held on Saturdays…

1 Like

No local 5pm bulletin from Seven in QLD - delayed national 5pm now being broadcast.

2 Likes

They weren’t meant to; the one in the promo was referring to election day November 25 I am to believe so the normal national 5PM bulletin was always going to be shown in Queensland today.

I have complained before on here that this isn’t long enough for the weather segment in Perth; it should and deserves to be at least the same length and with the same detail as Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane. The way Seven Perth treats the weather segment is a joke at the best of times What reason is there for it not to be this same length?

Nothing in commercial TV is done by accident. The ratings must tell Seven Perth, and perhaps surveys/research, that weather isn’t as important to WA viewers than it is in other regions.

Serious question - why?

What does Seven air at 6.30 on weekends in the markets where they only have half hour bulletins (Adelaide and Perth)?

I’m pretty sure that Seven run hour long news bulletins on weekends in Adelaide & Perth.

4 Likes

The main contributing factor is that Seven Perth has 30 min news. I timed both Perth and Adelaide and they both had around the same time for weather. Except there were two weather reports one end of News and one end of today tonight. Imo they should just combine the two for one full comprehensive forecast.

3 Likes

Well the east coast get the royal treatment with the weather and Perth gets ripped off, is basically the answer here. We’ve had this argument before. And @OnAir, if weather isn’t important to WA viewers then how come the weather on Ten in Perth is about 4 minutes long with Michael Schultz? Yes I have seen Ten’s News before even though I am a Seven fanboy. I hate how he presents it sitting at a desk though; the standing presentation with a screen/green screen is much better, if only Seven would follow Ten with the length of its weather segment. In fact, I always thought Michael Schultz may be a great acquisition for Seven Perth for the weather, since you may also know I’m not a huge fan of Sam Jolly…

How absurd if true…

It is true but why is it absurd?

1 Like

I think we are in the wrong thread but I still dont understand why its such an issue. What are you being ripped off of? Why do we need 4 mins of weather every night? Dont you just need to know what today was, what might be coming and what the next day and week might be?

I guess im struggling to understand the passion and reasoning behind it?

3 Likes

There is no logic as to why you’d have a longer bulletin on weekends. There is less news on weekends!

3 Likes

To keep in line with the network schedule of programming.

But I think it’s time Today Tonigh was axed in these markets on weekdays.

4 Likes

1 hr news in perth has been around for a couple of years

1 Like

I assumed as much. To keep in line with eastern states schedules. Nothing to do with what’s best for the viewers.

They do a lot of special reports and features on weekends, plus much more in depth sport. In Adelaide at least I don’t know about Perth.

2 Likes

Right you are… 1/2 hr vs 1hr news & weather segment length banter has been moved here from the Presenters & Reporters thread.

2 Likes