Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

7NEWS Melbourne Live from Fed Squre for the vidgule for the Bourke Street incident tonight from 6PM

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying the way in which the Seven News Sydney team are utilising the set. The interviews with Mike Baird, Mark Riley and Gladys Berijiklian over the last week have been very good, I hope we see many more in the future - Michael Usher knows how to ask the hard questions. I say its time that Mark Ferguson gets shifted over to the weekend bulletin.

8 Likes

Melbourne has now gone back to Jen in the studio for the rest of the days news.

1 Like

Special backdrop in Melbourne tonight -

6 Likes

As noted in the Nine News thread re a promo for the Gold Coast’s only 5.30pm news bulletin, Seven News GC is MIA at the moment due to tennis coverage. Returns on Friday.

Bad decision IMO. Given that on the Gold Coast, Seven local news is only seen on the SD channel with 7HD carrying the Brisbane signal, that could have continued during the tennis.

A plane has crashed into the Swan river in Perth killing 2 people. Ten Perth broke the news live and at the end of their bulletin - advised the Skyworks have been cancelled.

7 Perth have opened and crossed to their team across Perth. Not one mention of the fatalities or the fact the fireworks have been cancelled. Its currently 6.04.

How can they not be aware?

4 Likes

I tuned into 7 Perth not knowing about this, and saw that Rick was at Kings Park talking about the Skyworks being cancelled. Right now, they’re talking about the crew being killed.

People on the foreshore are being told to go home. Transperth has put on extra services.

2 Likes

Yeh they got there but it was about 15 mins in. And about their third cross before they mentioned either.

Just found that very odd. Especially as they are a sponsor of the event.

2 Likes

Seven Perth must be in scrambles after they dedicated today to showing various places in Perth to celebrate Australia Day. :confused: I did hit record as I left, so it’s good I guess for archive purposes. I wonder if they’ll reschedule them…

2 Likes

If you recorded it, you probably captured the mistake that happened at the end of the live cross with Rick. Toward the end, they switched to double boxes with Sue in the studio and Rick at Kings Park. Then Sue’s camera suddenly moved in preparation for an OTS graphic, hiding half of her face. All was ok after they took her camera full screen with the OTS. (they really should’ve programmed the camera to pan nicely after they dismissed the boxes, but oh well).

1 Like

Something similar happened with OTS graphic with Narelda on Ten Eyewitness News Perth, where when they crossed to the Swan River, and when Narelda was quickly recapping the live update, it quickly went back to Narelda in the studio and she then said, “Ok we’ll skip that”, but the camera was moved before the update, and the OTS graphic was on top of her, so they had to slowly move the camera back, so it was in the right position again.

Yea, they are quite rough when moving back to correct a misplaced OTS graphic.

7 News with a special update at 8.30pm

1 Like

and there is the difference between automated cameras and manual operation…

The latest round of promos, yes, have been extremely well produced. I would only add “Another reason why Sydney is making the switch to 7 News” instead of “Another reason Seven News is Australia’s number 1” at the end.

Maybe in some markets but I don’t think nationally.

I spotted a different 7 News Adelaide endboard today with the local team of presenters and reporters (including some Today Tonight reporters) standing behind Jane and John.

14 Likes

I wish Seven Perth made polished ads like that again.

Out of all the Seven News bulletins the most polished bulletin is definitely Adelaide (when compared to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth).

Seven News Gold Coast returned tonight with Bianca Stone reading

5 Likes

Wow I forgot how bad the giant iron set was. Sydney is still not great but it’s a big improvement on this.

1 Like

Seven News Queensland Afternoon was back today

5 Likes