Seven News and Current Affairs

It’s blocked atm by an overseas cricket provider who is objecting to 20 seconds worth of cricket footage. I’ve raised a dispute in the hope they will unblock it soon

4 Likes

Ch7 promo of their reporters and staff

1 Like

Early Tim Watson promo for Seven News

1 Like

Complete Ch7 News Melbourne, 23 July 1995, now up on my youtube

7 Likes

August 3rd, 2001 Channel 7 Melbourne full news program is now on my youtube channel

8 Likes

Seven probably saw how well it worked for Ten with David and Jo in Melbourne and thought they would replicate it? Glenn Taylor was gone 2 years later.

2 Likes

August 30, 1999 7 late news with Garry Wilkinson now up on my YT

7 Likes

Late 90s Ch7 news sprouting their Nielsen Ratings win.
(poor audio)

4 Likes

1995?

Love to see an old Today Tonight (Melb edition) from then.

2 Likes

Channel 7’s promos for their news/current affair and their sunrise program during the 2000 Olympics

9 Likes

A raspy-voiced David Johnston with his newsbreak for August 12th 2001.
(I’ll post about 8 mins of his actual news broadcast later)

6 Likes

I’m assuming David was filling in for Jennifer Adam’s at this time.

2 Likes

Here’s the first 8 mins of August 12th 2001 Channel 7news, with a raspy-voiced David Johnston.

4 Likes

YouTube: @Zampakid

Is that a young Adam Hills at 3:44 in this video?

6 Likes

Funky-sounding promo from HSV7 in 1977 advertising Seven National News and Willesee At Seven.

Not sure if this was used on-air or was just part of a sales reel to advertisers?

YouTube: Australian Television Archive

2 Likes

Channel 7 sponsor Rottnest Island

3 Likes

Seven Nightly News promo from September 1996:

Today Tonight promo:

4 Likes

Seven News Perth from 2004. Surprised they kept the roll call from the late 90s until the 2004 relaunch

7 Likes

AFL teams were out during a segment on Today Tonight with Leigh Matthews who would coach Brisbane the following year.

2 Likes

Interestingly this backing track was used about 10 years later in the “thanks for watching 7” idents

6 Likes