Seven News 2011-12

The worst on-air presentation for a news channel ever. Up there with Nine’s final National Nine News package used on the then-East Coast O&O’ed stations from January-October 2008.

Lasted only until August 2012.

7 Likes

But Seven Local News QLD still used elements until 2017, right?

1 Like

I think you meant Southern Cross News Tasmania, who used the 2011-12 elements until 2018, when it adopted the 2016-present Seven News elements when the new set was launched, months before Southern Cross rebranded to Seven.

3 Likes

Such a gross look.

6 Likes

Their following look wasn’t that flash either.

2 Likes

Wasn’t a fan of that era at all.

2 Likes

Agree with everyone else. Horrid look.
The titlecards were nice though. Everything else was just terrible.
Especially that Adelaide set!

3 Likes

Absolutely awful package. I believe that some aspects of the 2004 look have aged better than parts of this package. Those BIG headline supers were disgusting.

4 Likes

I believe that was all the states who didn’t have some new graphics system. I remember that with Melbourne.
I think Sydney was the only state using animated versions of the supers.

1 Like

I believe it was the lack of VizRT that brought this inconsistency in some states.

Also it feels like the current openers are still loosely based off this look. They never really lost the glossy, marquee text vibe.

The current package is much better but still leaves a lot to be desired.

2 Likes

The SC News Spencer Gulf version of it.

3 Likes

Taken off Seven News Melbourne with Rebecca Maddern (10 March 2012).

7 Likes

I just reminded of myself of the awful ticker used during this era… this package really should not have came to air.

3 Likes

7 Afternoon News with John Mangos in 2012 followed by a news update via a super during episode 22 of The Price is Right with Larry Emdur.

4 Likes

I don’t remember this, how long did he do the news for?

1 Like

He used to frequently fill in over 2011 & 2012. Over the summer he anchored both the National Morning News and the National Afternoon News. After that, he filled in quite a bit.

2 Likes