Seven News: 2000-2004

Channel Seven Adelaide
Friday 26 March 2004

Seven News & Today Tonight Adelaide Promo

8 Likes

Seven News Sydney - Sunday 28/9/2003

10 Likes

Nick McArdel was a popular fill in presenter back then.

1 Like

Didn’t know he filled in on news before.

3 Likes

Yep… often on Sunrise News and The Morning News etc.

2 Likes

Channel Seven Melbourne
Wednesday 14 August 2002

News & Finance Updates With Peter Mitchell, Anne Fulwood & Kochie

7 Likes

August 3, 2001 - Channel 7 News purchase a new helicopter

7 Likes

Great find… the days when our stations had money.

3 Likes

Sort of on topic…

I have never been able to find a definitive answer as to who presented Seven News Sydney on weekends in the Symonds/Sanders era (1998-2003). Who was the regular presenter of that bulletin?

Also, who did the Morning News back then?

Garry Wilkson read weekends in 1998-1999 from memory. Then, it was Chris Bath from 2000-03

2 Likes

Then Chris Bath moved to the national morning news… and I believe Anne took over weekend. This swapped years later.

1 Like

Amazing that Ann Sanders remains in her current role as of today, though I have a feeling she will call it a day soon.

Reporters Paul Kadak, Chris Reason and Chris Maher are, to my knowledge, the last remaining Sydney-based reporters from the Ross Symonds/Ann Sanders era. There’s also Beretts, who presented sport on the bulletin between 2002-04 before moving to Sunrise in June 2004.

2 Likes

Ahhhh right- I never knew Chris did weekends back then! (I knew she did from 06-09)

August 25, 2000 newsbreak + Lotto.

4 Likes

Channel Seven Melbourne
Friday 7 March 2003

Seven News Update & Promo (V/Os)

‘Finance Tip’ With Kochie

4 Likes

The best news? Not so, if the ratings back then were anything to go by.

Seven News’ ratings in Melbourne were so dire back then, it virtually became the forbidden news bulletin in that market. Can anyone remember if it was even being beaten by “The Simpsons” on Channel 10 in that timeslot?

We all obviously know Nine News was miles ahead at the top.

1 Like

Ratings were awful 20 years ago with the lack of AFL or a domestic sport save for the Rugby and the Melbourne Cup when 7 lost the AFL rights

2 Likes

“best” is a measure of quality. Ratings are not.

citation needed

4 Likes

A misleading promo. I did remember the Simpsons out-rating 7 News at times from 2002-2006 in the Melbourne market with Hitch on top

:thinking:

Well they’re hardly going to promote it as the worst news.