Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Are we sure LukeMovieMan isn’t “MrTVAus” on Twitter? Taking a quick look at that account, there seems to be a heavy focus on TV airings of movies (including classification & distributors) - something Luke often talks about on this forum.

Personally I’m not too sure about the “Nine may drop Married At First Sight” comment myself because that show is likely to be aimed at a completely different demographic to Australian Spartan.

3 Likes

To be fair to Luke, he’s denied any involvement previously

8 Likes

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

Luke is now a mosquito? :thinking:

7 Likes

I was more thinking anywhere 500k or higher ball park figure? As we’ve seen, that sort of rating has bumped up late night share heaps. I’d think it’d do better than that though.

I AM NOT MR TV. I WOULD TELL YOU IF I WAS. I AM PUZZLED AS TO WHY THIS KEEPS BEING BROUGHT UP. ARE WE THAT LOST OF CONVERSATION?

I WILL EVEN TELL YOU MY ACTUAL NAME IF YOU LIKE, GO STALK ME ON FACEBOOK? HELL I’LL EVEN TELL YOU MY TV TONIGHT AND WHIRLPOOL NAMES.

That is it, I am done, gone, finished, goodbye.

4 Likes

What just happened… :thinking:

2 Likes

Goodby Luke Sully96

Ummm wtf just happened. I hope you are ok Luke. I think people were just joking around. A bit of healthy banter.

Weren’t you just saying last week it would go for a month in May and house rules would start in June?

Woah - I’m on your side on this one

5 Likes

That was before I saw the press release last week which was pretty much the confirmation I needed that it was coming sooner than I thought.

Woah, no need to shout.

I’m pretty sure I never properly looked at that “MrTVAus” Twitter page until today when I noticed a fair few tweets which content wise, I found were characteristically similar to your posts here on Media Spy. Although perhaps the striking similarities between the content/opinion in the tweets of “MrTVAus” and your posts on Media Spy were purely coincidental…

I’m sorry that it’s come to this, but I wish you the best for the future.

In fairness, I actually thought Seven might’ve planned on airing Australian Spartan head to head against Nine’s Australian Ninja Warrior in July (or sometime around then).

… ok this is a very interesting development indeed.

Luke, if you’re still out there, I’m fairly sure that Bacco was taking your side and saying you weren’t Mr TVwhoever

2 Likes

I think Seven have made the wrong decision bringing Australian Spartan forward. It would do so much better airing out of the Commonwealth Games. They would have been better off getting rid of Olivia, rebranding Sunday Night or focusing on The Resident and Fox content.

1 Like

I don’t think “getting rid of” is any way to launch a new production.

Aren’t people saying that show is practically axed already? Why would they low rating Fox content in a prime time slot? They’re not Ten. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Sorry to be blunt. I meant to say Olivia is a one-off that has the odds against it (because biopics on Hoges, Rodger Rogerson, Bond have failed to fire).

The Resident hasn’t performed as well as expected but is still one of Fox’s top rating dramas.

I still think they’d have high hopes for the mini-series and would like to give it every chance to be a success. More likely to be launched after the Commonwealth Games when they promote it hugely?

Yes they could do both. Spartan and Olivia. The Commonwealth Games should get even bigger audiences than the Winter Olympics. Spartan has the potential to be a new flagship brand, which they need given My Kitchen Rules and House Rules are ageing. I feel they have bypassed a unique and better opportunity to promote Spartan by rushing it to air. I also think putting it up against a surging Married At First Sight is a bad idea.

1 Like

Week commencing 25 February 2018

Sunday 25 February
07:00 PM Australian Spartan
08:30 PM PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics Closing Ceremony

Brisbane
07:35:00 PM - 08:35 PM PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games: Night 16 7Mate
08:30 PM PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics Closing Ceremony image

Adelaide
08:05:00 PM - 08:35 PM PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games: Night 16 7Mate
08:30 PM PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics Closing Ceremony image

Perth
05:35:00 PM - 09:00 PM PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games: Night 16 7Mate
08:30 PM PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics Closing Ceremony Rpt image
10:30 PM Hard Sun Rpt
11:45 PM The Goldbergs

Monday 26 February
07:30 PM My Kitchen Rules The power to send our second team home is in the hands of Group 1 as they become guests and jury at MKR’s Elimination House.
09:00 PM The Resident Series Premiere
10:00 PM Ramsay’s Hotel Hell Rpt
11:00 PM The Blacklist S5 Ep9 Series Return

Tuesday 27 February
07:30 PM My Kitchen Rules It’s Group 1 vs Group 2 in an elimination challenge. The competition is turned on its head and new rivalries are forged when an epic first challenge sees the weakest team bring their whole group down.
09:00 PM The Good Doctor S1 Ep14
10:00 PM Grey’s Anatomy S14 Ep5 and 6
12:00 AM Time After Time S1 Ep7 and 8

Wednesday 28 February
07:30 PM My Kitchen Rules High tea could be a low blow for some as Group 1 tackle the first location challenge - a high tea service where they’ll be judged by the public - and their rivals.
09:00 PM 2018 Australian Swimming Championships
11:30 PM The Goldbergs Rpt
12:00 AM Powerless S1 Ep 6 and 7

Thursday 1 March
07:30 PM My Kitchen Rules Group 2 are tasked with serving a medieval banquet fit for a king; in fact two kings, Pete and Colin, as well as a huge table of lords, ladies, wenches, jesters and Group 1.

Brisbane
10:30 PM Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares USA Rpt

Adelaide
11:00 PM Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares USA Rpt

Perth
09:00 PM Movie: Saving Mr. Banks (2013)

Friday 2 March
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
08:30 PM 2018 Australian Swimming Championships
11:00 PM TBA

Brisbane
10:00 PM TBA

Adelaide
10:30 PM TBA

Perth
08:30 PM Movie: The Odd Life of Timothy Green (2012)
10:45 PM TBA

Saturday 3 March
07:00 PM Movie: Brave (2012)

Brisbane
10:30 PM Heists That Shook The World Rpt

Adelaide
11:00 PM Heists That Shook The World Rpt

Perth
09:00 PM Movie: 2 Guns (2013)
11:15 PM The Goldbergs Rpt

Market variations added.

2 Likes

Really? I feel like they haven’t stopped promoting since summer.

2 Likes

But that would be putting it against Ninja, right? We want to avoid that scenario where both are airing at the same time so this is a smart move by Seven, I believe.