Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

At least Seven had a post match program this test - mainly I suppose so they could stretch out the cricket out until 5pm AEDT and news.

2 Likes

I am going to assume that that answer is yes, but will ask the question anyway (just in case. lol).
With the Cricket finishing early today, did the whole network end up getting the Perth schedule? I know that Sydney aired a Spotlight rpt at 7pm.

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Seven’s schedule for tonight confirmed. Typical afternoon schedule after midday movie Crown For Christmas
then Australia’s Deadliest, then Beach Cops.

Monday
07:00 PM Border Security - Australia’s Front Line Rpt
07:30 PM Motorway Patrol S18 E03
08:00 PM Highway Cops S06 E07
08:30 PM Movie: Pacific Rim
11:10 PM Heartbreak Island Australia S01 E16

2 Likes

Looks like my prediction was correct but even worse than expected, seems even the 7pm Spotlight repeat didn’t get much reception (just over 200k metro if the incorrect “dinner” coding is anything to go by). A really bad Sunday main channel share for them, luckily non-survey period. Incorrect promos/guides/EPGs also wouldn’t have helped. If we presume usual suspects like Perth did okay, wonder how bad (e.g.) Sydney did. @TV.Cynic

1 Like

See:

1 Like

Queensland Only

Nine will show the Brisbane carols Friday at 7pm.

1 Like

I’m confused… are the above pics from the Gold Coast?

Yes - Seven has Gold Coast Mayor carols and NIne has Brisbane Lord Mayor carols.

4 Likes

Seven’s Christmas Night schedule is out:

Sunday 25 December
6:00 PM Seven News
7:00 PM Dog Patrol
7:30 PM Movie: National Lampoon’s Vacation
9:35 PM Movie: Love Actually

I really hope this is a mistake and they end up airing Christmas Vacation instead.

Love Actually was on Channel 9 last Saturday night

2 Likes

Looks like they have gotten back rights from Nine because of the new NBCUniversal deal. However it seems that they have lost the WB deal and Nine have also lost the Village and Paramount deals, with WB going to Nine and Village/Paramount to 10. A big shakeup this year IMO in movie deals.

3 Likes

I believe 9 has Christmas Vacation this year.

2 Likes

The past 5 or so years especially, movies have been shuffled between the networks so often that I can’t be bothered keeping track. My theory is it is a budgetary tactic between the networks to keep costs down.

3 Likes

It could also be the new structure of the way they licence (e.g.) cherry-pick rather than entire outputs for many years where they had to air virtually all their content. Although some are still bigger (like Seven’s Fox and recently Nine’s NBC now Seven again) than others.

And I think a mod, might’ve been TelevisionAU or OnAir, some years back, mentioned it’s probably cheaper just to get the rights back rather than a new tape/file as well (as since widescreen and digital commenced and then HD the networks would probably all have archived - as we’ve seen recently with Seven getting Disney back and Nine getting Warners and Roadshow back - they’ve all been the exact same copies, case in point).

1 Like

As I have said, Nine have actually lost rights for Roadshow to Ten. I have seen:

• Joker
  • Ready Player One
  • The Lego Movie
  • Sherlock Holmes (both Village movies)
  • The Matrix (all movies)
  • Swordfish
  • I am Legend

And more Village Roadshow films on 10 Shake. Sad to see them off Nine (grew up with Village films on WIN/Nine) but good addition to Ten along with Paramount films. Basically these are the changes since last year:

Sony - Back to Seven off Nine
NBCUniversal - Back to Seven off Nine
WB - Back to Nine off Seven
Paramount - Back to Ten off Nine
Village - To Ten off Nine

Disney/Fox films have remained on Seven, although likely to be the first studios off FTA all together and moved exclusively to Disney+

1 Like

getting a little off topic

I don’t think they ever ‘lost it’. They appear to be sharing rights, they also pop up on SBS and the ABC. There’s also some Nine lost > 10 got > 10 lost and Nine got back > Nine lost again and 10 got back (e.g.) The Matrix

2 Likes

No mistake.

And their New Year’s Eve line-up

A Dog’s Purpose and New Year’s Eve – Saturday, 31 December

What is that? A movie?

Yeah, as it’s a Saturday they don’t have rights to the BBL game. So that game will only be on Fox and seven are bringing out the movies.

3 Likes