Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Seven must be relived that the test match was completed in 2 & 1/2 days. They’ll now avoid having to deal with the backlash that would have come if they bumped the final session of the test to 7mate in order to accommodate MKR’s launch

4 Likes

Seven are indeed showing Cool Runnings tonight as an alternative program on the east coast.
Not really unexpected.

1 Like

Cricket sponsors will be peeved though

1 Like

I doubt Seven would be happy with the cricket finishing this early. All the advertising and sponsorship that was sold based on cricket being shown. Part of the reason that Nine used to have trouble making money out of its cricket broadcasts - early finishes due to rain and one-sided matches.

2 Likes

Of course but early finishes are going to happen from time-to-time when Australia plays a ‘weaker’ side like Sri Lanka. It’s not ideal and it’s something both Seven & Fox would rather not happen for the reasons you’ve outlined. However, the risk/possibility of it occurring is something networks who broadcast test cricket have to accept and deal with

3 Likes

Week commencing 3 February 2019

Sunday 3 February
07:00 PM My Kitchen Rules TBC
09:00 PM Big Bash League: Perth v Melbourne Stars

Monday 4 February
09:00 PM TBA
10:00 PM TBA
11:00 PM TBA
11:30 PM Botched Up Bodies S4 Ep04

Tuesday 5 February
09:00 PM The Good Doctor S2 Ep13
10:00 PM The Resident S2 Ep12
11:30 PM The Family Rpt

Wednesday 6 February
09:00 PM Undercurrent S1 Ep02
10:10 PM Criminal Minds S14 Ep08
11:10 PM TBA
11:40 PM The Family Rpt

Thursday 7 February
07:00 PM Big Bash League: Pre-Game: Hob v Melb Ren
07:30 PM Big Bash League: Hobart v Melbourne Ren
11:30 PM The Family Rpt

Friday 8 February
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
08:30 PM Big Bash League: Brisbane v Melbourne Stars

Saturday 9 February
07:00 PM AFL Women’s: Rnd 2: Western Bulldogs v Geelong
09:15 PM Movie: Eddie The Eagle (2016)
11:30 PM TBA

Market variations will be posted later.
I have filled in MKR at 7PM across the week, however, the guide provided has TBAs at 7:00pm and 7:30pm Mon - Wed so Seven is leaving plenty of options in case the launch week doesn’t go well.

2 Likes

Still doesn’t mean they would be relieved like you said in an earlier post…

11pm TBA - The Latest gone already?

I believe it is The Latest.

2 Likes

I said in the context of the situation I was referring to (the potential of MKR’s launch & the last session of the test clashing)

4.30PM AFLW: Collingwood v Melbourne on 7mate

I understand. But they wouldn’t be relieved it finished 2 1/2 days early. Maybe a day. Not 2 and a half.

TV Week shows The Latest in the 11pm timeslot.

Now it has’nt but I wish Seven should Air a new Season Of Grey’s Anatomy Soon, It does’nt Rate As well as it used to.

But…

So why should they air it if it doesn’t rate.

It’s a wish, not a programming suggestion.

1 Like

That’s fine and all, but from a financial perspective I don’t think Seven will bother.

Like you said though, it doesn’t hurt to wish so my apologies to the member.

1 Like

So Ch 7 and 7mate both just aired BBL cricket? No movies or re-runs of something else?

Seven really phoned it in this weekend! (Though wouldn’t have expected such a short Day Night Test)

Yes. And 7/7two both aired the cycling today 1-4pm. Not exactly sure what you were expecting them to do other than rearrange all 3 channels programming at short notice in the middle of a long weekend in non ratings period?

The cricket really hasn’t worked out well for 7 to date. One sided boring BBL, early finish to the test…
Maybe it will come into its own now the tennis is over. Maybe the strategy leading into ratings will work… or not…

1 Like