Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Ah, so that’s where all the high quality programming has been hiding then. In Sydney we just get the trash channels.

1 Like

Its not like this is the first year the tennis is on. It always ends on the last Sunday in January.

2 Likes

The majority of viewers who don’t follow Tennis won’t remember that from one year to the next.

I don’t know when certain sports are starting or finishing throughout the year if I don’t follow them.
So how would the average viewer be expected to know?

Can’t people just use their brains? Do we have to dumb everything down?

2 Likes

Ah so that’s why it didn’t appear on Netflix…

January 13, 2017 The Investigator: A British Crime Story
Seasons: 1
SERIES ORIGINAL
Global ex: UK/IE, ANZ

https://media.netflix.com/en/only-on-netflix/115310

Does 7 have a deal with ITV ? So this means we won’t see it on Netflix or not for 12 months?

###Week commencing 29 January 2017

Sunday 29 January
11:00 AM AEDT Cycling: Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race 2017
04:00 PM AEDT 2017 Australian Open Tennis: Mixed Doubles Final
06:00 PM News
06:30 PM AEDT 2017 Australian Open Tennis: Men’s Final
10:30 PM The Net (R) (1995)

Monday 30 January
07:00 PM Home and Away Series Return
07:30 PM My Kitchen Rules Series Return
09:00 PM Bride and Prejudice Series Premiere (TBC)

Tuesday 31 January
07:30 PM My Kitchen Rules
09:00 PM 800 Words Series Return (TBC)

Wednesday 1 February
07:30 PM My Kitchen Rules
09:00 PM TBA

Thursday 2 February
07:00 PM Home and Away x 4
09:00 PM TBA

Friday 3 February
Sydney, Brisbane
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
08:30 PM TBA

Melbourne
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
07:30 PM Women’s AFL

Adelaide
07:00 PM Women’s AFL

Saturday 4 February
Sydney, Brisbane
07:00 PM Nitro Athletics

Melbourne, Adelaide
07:00 PM AEDT Women’s AFL
10:00 PM AEDT Nitro Athletics Rpt

Check local guides for local details of tennis coverage and updates in Seven Tennis Coverage

Check local guides for local details of tennis coverage and updates in Seven AFL Coverage

1 Like

Thursday 2 February
07:00 PM Home and Away x 4

Why 4 eps ?

2 Likes

Why 7 episodes for Home and Away on its first week back? Is it for pre-emptions for Thursday night AFL later in the year? Or does Seven want to finish the season before December yet still able to provide enough episodes for Channel Five UK for the year? If it is the latter then Seven must renegotiate the program supply contract with Five.

3 Likes

You know that’s exactly the reason so why bother asking yet again? Why do they have to renegotiate the contract? If Five want so many episodes per year then why would Seven reduce it and lose money?

Remember when Seven used the First Week of February to Premiere New US Dramas Desperate Housewives, Lost, Ugly Betty, Brothers & Sisters, Revenge etc. Well Those days are Gone Now with Ratings in the US for most new Dramas Ranging from Low to Medium.

They also had Australian dramas in the schedule like Packed to the Rafters/Winners & Losers and City Homicide or Blue Heelers and All Saints bringing in huge ratings. Sadly we’re down to just one Aussie drama series 800 Words and a schedule filled with reality shit.

1 Like

Always reminds me of when Water Rats was launching and 7 pulled the move to throw Blue Heelers against it. That was a great time when reviewing the ratings, etc.

I always think of 800 Words not as an Aussie drama as it it filmed in NZ and has NZ and Aussie actors.It’s a NZ/ Australian co production isn’t it ? Doesn’t seem Australian as say Winners and Losers was.

So the AFL is the reason for so many Home and Away episodes? Or to finish before December?
Can’t they just air as normal and do the weeks with a few more episodes towards the end of the year like they seem to have been doing the past 2 years ?

It may be a co-production but it’s made by Seven and certainly counts as an Aussie show for content and drama points.

It went late this year too but could probably keep going until just before Christmas, if they really wanted to. We’ll have to see how it does in the ratings this year anyway because it may struggle to stay on the main channel.

I wonder why Ch 7 don’t produce MKR to air on Thursdays?

It’s been a huge success for MasterChef.

I imagine the AFL, Home and Away & Better Homes and Gardens scheduling all has something to do with it.

Updates

Monday 30 January
10:10 PM Special Event: Miss Universe Rpt

Tuesday 31 January
10:00 Bones Series 12 Ep1 Series Return
11:00 Chicago Fire Series 4 Ep19 Series Return

Wednesday 1 February
09:00 PM Movie: Fifty Shades Of Grey

Thursday 2 February
09:00 PM Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares Rpt
10:10 PM Grimm Series 5 Ep1 Series Return

Friday 3 February
Melbouren, Adelaide
10:00 PM AEDT A League of Their Own
The inspiring story of three players, including Collingwood’s own Moana Hope as they journey towards their dream of the big league as we celebrate the rise of women’s football.

Saturday 4 February
Sydney, Brisbane
09:40 PM Movie: Charlie’s Angels

I think that is exactly what it has to do with it. They did have a few Thursday episodes last year. But obviously they would rather drag it out for longer and have 13 straight wins rather than 10.

Because nobody watches TV on a Thursday night. You don’t want viewers to miss an episode (they may not return) or drag down the average ratings of your biggest show.

It works for Masterchef because Ten are happy with anything that cracks 300k in prime time.

I’ll inform the networks at once!

3 Likes

Seven are running promos that the AFLW will be live in HD nationally. Guess this means 7mate will be back to HD for Sydney/Bris/Perth after the tennis

1 Like

Rubbish (and you know it, I hope you were joking)!

Pretty sure a Thursday ep of MC had over 1.1m last year :disappointed: