Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

I’m sure sum body nose. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Everybody should. The full TV schedule has been available on the Australian Open website since November of last year.

Yeah, but when you have TV promos saying MONDAY after the tennis, a lot of people (and my parents) think it’s on Monday, I don’t know if you realise, but a lot of people don’t care enough about the tennis to know when it’s finished.

I’m sure they’ll ramp up the ads in the next two weeks with the date included. This way they’re also constantly promoting the tennis.

1 Like

#### The Investigator: A British Crime Story

Coming Soon

Former police detective, renowned criminologist and investigator, Mark Williams-Thomas, re-examines a previously ‘closed’ and real life chilling murder case, which has baffled detectives for more than 30 years.

In June 1985, Carole Packman, a wife and mother mysteriously disappeared and has never been seen since. Her husband Russell Causley is now serving a life sentence for her murder, yet her body has never been found. The Investigator: A British Crime Story, will follow the case over four explosive episodes, combining stylized drama with compelling documentary.

“The Investigator: Simon Cowell’s British Answer To ‘Making a Murderer’” The Independent
“A Riveting True Crime Series” The Radio Times
“The Investigator: A British Crime Story May Be Your next Crime True Crime Obsession” Decider.Com

1 Like

More True Crime? FFS :weary:

1 Like

How many average viewers can be bothered to even look that up though?

I’ve found the exact same thing.
Had the in-laws visiting over the last week and had then trying to convince me that MKR would be on on Monday night just gone, at 11pm (or whenever) “after the tennis”.
:confused:

They’re not the first people I’ve seen thinking that either.

2 Likes

And don’t for get it will be on channel 201. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ah, so that’s where all the high quality programming has been hiding then. In Sydney we just get the trash channels.

1 Like

Its not like this is the first year the tennis is on. It always ends on the last Sunday in January.

2 Likes

The majority of viewers who don’t follow Tennis won’t remember that from one year to the next.

I don’t know when certain sports are starting or finishing throughout the year if I don’t follow them.
So how would the average viewer be expected to know?

Can’t people just use their brains? Do we have to dumb everything down?

2 Likes

Ah so that’s why it didn’t appear on Netflix…

January 13, 2017 The Investigator: A British Crime Story
Seasons: 1
SERIES ORIGINAL
Global ex: UK/IE, ANZ

https://media.netflix.com/en/only-on-netflix/115310

Does 7 have a deal with ITV ? So this means we won’t see it on Netflix or not for 12 months?

###Week commencing 29 January 2017

Sunday 29 January
11:00 AM AEDT Cycling: Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race 2017
04:00 PM AEDT 2017 Australian Open Tennis: Mixed Doubles Final
06:00 PM News
06:30 PM AEDT 2017 Australian Open Tennis: Men’s Final
10:30 PM The Net (R) (1995)

Monday 30 January
07:00 PM Home and Away Series Return
07:30 PM My Kitchen Rules Series Return
09:00 PM Bride and Prejudice Series Premiere (TBC)

Tuesday 31 January
07:30 PM My Kitchen Rules
09:00 PM 800 Words Series Return (TBC)

Wednesday 1 February
07:30 PM My Kitchen Rules
09:00 PM TBA

Thursday 2 February
07:00 PM Home and Away x 4
09:00 PM TBA

Friday 3 February
Sydney, Brisbane
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
08:30 PM TBA

Melbourne
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
07:30 PM Women’s AFL

Adelaide
07:00 PM Women’s AFL

Saturday 4 February
Sydney, Brisbane
07:00 PM Nitro Athletics

Melbourne, Adelaide
07:00 PM AEDT Women’s AFL
10:00 PM AEDT Nitro Athletics Rpt

Check local guides for local details of tennis coverage and updates in Seven Tennis Coverage

Check local guides for local details of tennis coverage and updates in Seven AFL Coverage

1 Like

Thursday 2 February
07:00 PM Home and Away x 4

Why 4 eps ?

2 Likes

Why 7 episodes for Home and Away on its first week back? Is it for pre-emptions for Thursday night AFL later in the year? Or does Seven want to finish the season before December yet still able to provide enough episodes for Channel Five UK for the year? If it is the latter then Seven must renegotiate the program supply contract with Five.

3 Likes

You know that’s exactly the reason so why bother asking yet again? Why do they have to renegotiate the contract? If Five want so many episodes per year then why would Seven reduce it and lose money?

Remember when Seven used the First Week of February to Premiere New US Dramas Desperate Housewives, Lost, Ugly Betty, Brothers & Sisters, Revenge etc. Well Those days are Gone Now with Ratings in the US for most new Dramas Ranging from Low to Medium.

They also had Australian dramas in the schedule like Packed to the Rafters/Winners & Losers and City Homicide or Blue Heelers and All Saints bringing in huge ratings. Sadly we’re down to just one Aussie drama series 800 Words and a schedule filled with reality shit.

1 Like

Always reminds me of when Water Rats was launching and 7 pulled the move to throw Blue Heelers against it. That was a great time when reviewing the ratings, etc.