Seven Network 2023

My first thought too.
It could replace ishop in former Prime regions.
I also note as I have long predicted there appears to be no return of Local News bulletins in Wollongong, Newcastle, Canberra since the Seven takeover.

whats the AFL Superbowl

i think they are two different graphics: AFL and Superbowl

2 Likes

Meant to be an NFL logo I think.

Nope. Seems to be a new channel.

1 Like

Badly formatted, looks like Sunrise and 7News are only during the first half of 2023.

1 Like

Must be putting it on LCN 75 if they’ve listed it before 7flix instead of after.

1 Like

That’s the all year round Seven ‘spine’ James refers to.

From the picture looks like Idol, Voice & AGT are spread out to be start, middle & end of the year. Good move cause 3 singing/talent type shows together on 1 network could be too much

The only problem is that Seven Regional have ishoptv on 65 currently. Maybe move ishoptv to 67 or 69 and put 7Bravo on 65?

Seven News Sydney had a wrap on the upfronts this evening.

2 Likes

What Channel will the new channel be on?

Interesting positioning of Musher with the Sunrise team. Will he be Kochie’s successor and main fill in?

I’m aware.

Sky News UK on 7+ would be a good addition but Sky News Australia/Foxtel carries the channel on its Foxtel platform and Flash

1 Like

Given Seven’s new deal with NBCU it would be great to see NBC News Now or MSNBC on 7+

2 Likes

Nice to see the Claremont Murders will finally get an air date. Shame they couldn’t have invested in another drama for 2023 as they promised this show this year last year.

Blow Up has flop written all over it, as does Million Dollar Island.

Quizzes haven’t fared well in primetime so I don’t think the 1% Club is going to change anything.

We Interrupt This Broadcast sounds like cheap filler in the vein of panel shows, of which we have sufficient.

Con Girl will probably if lucky get around the 300,000 mark and will be soon forgotten about.

The overseas dramas will be DOA. The rebooted (yet another one) Quantum Leap isn’t getting rave reviews or viewers.

Two singing shows in one year is just overkill.

Big Brother plays cupid. So Love Island in the BB house. Yeah pass.

7Bravo sounds pretty great I have to say. I wonder how 9Life is going to go now with Below Deck & Real Housewives?

On the positive I guess 7 has put in a bit of effort and they do have a pretty diverse schedule, but they haven’t produced any hits and nothing looks like it’s going to get massive sustained numbers, just a lot of old and tired brands and very risky gambles.

2 Likes

Looks like Seven has finally found a channel to counter 9Rush in 7Bravo. The extra entertainment channel could be crucial in Seven winning a night in network shares if the ratings go down to the wire.

I think Seven’s 2023 line-up is quite good but I don’t like Big Brother’s sub-theme. The network’s biggest hope is in Q1 with Australian Idol and Blow Up going up against Married at First Sight. If the two new shows can take some younger viewers away from MAFS (and also do well in BVOD) then they have done their job.

The return of NBC content to Seven is timely and will provide much needed boost to the post-9pm schedule.

4 Likes

Did we solve the mystery of what show the “T” is in the UPFRONTS banner?

1 Like

Looks like an island theme to me.

What’s the N?