Seven Network 2022

No decision has been made on Holey Moley. I reckon it may still air next year.

Agreed. However it looks like The Voice Generations will be coupled with DWTS so at least there’s some depth there (unless if they strip both of them to 3-4 nights a week).

1 Like

With James Warburton as CEO of Seven West Media, it’s surely only a matter of time before Seven becomes another Ten?

I still think MKR is a good move. 7 needed to just tweak it and move it to a later slot. It defeated the block previously, and considering the block is on shaky ground I think this is a smart move.

3 Likes

If the program grid is anything to go with, Seven will start 2022 with The Voice Generations and Dancing With The Stars: All Stars.

Probably not. Seven’s position in the market is still stronger than 10’s thanks to their news and sports. Their slate also rates fairly reliably compared to 10 who’s had more hit and misses in recent years.

The challenge for Seven is to build new platforms and become a multilateral company that is diversified in delivering media through different means. Having a strong FTA slate is one thing, partnering up with a streaming platform like Netflix will give them more advantages in the market and that’s hopefully something they’ll explore.

Can’t wait for the ‘Battle of the Cheating Scandals’ to erupt :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I think The Voice has been so dominative that it really doesn’t matter. There’s still 3.5 months until it will go to air.

Agree with this. Considering SAS’ average ratings of late, I’m surprised they haven’t made a switch around with BB VIP.

I think 7 will go back to basics on this one and make it more family viewing.

Why would there have been? Fox has exclusive rights.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Though it is by a different production company this time so it might head for a different direction as you say.

1 Like

Is it though when the general trend towards cooking shows have been on the wane? Celeb Masterchef isn’t going great, Masterchef posted massive declines from last year and Plate of Origin was a total bust.

If they were insistent on bringing it back they probably needed to wait a little longer to tug on the sentimental heart strings because reviving it this soon screams desperate and run out of ideas.

1 Like

The Australian matches should be on FTA

I think the evidence is in the way they handled the voice this year. They cut back episodes and they stopped the bickering between judges.

Celebrity Masterchef is on of their highest rating 7:30 shows this year. Everyone still cooks so I think there is still interest in there. Plus people who watch 7 don’t normally watch 10. So there is another audience that has done without cooking shows for about 2 years.

It’s not really that soon. It finished in March 2020 and won’t be on until late 2022. That’s nearly two and a half years.

1. Very good work, Cynic :slight_smile:

2. Say what you like about some of the decisions/ claims, but rather impressed with all the detail in each program, even some perhaps more ‘niche’.

3. And just on that, anyone else puzzled by some very questionable data / claims? I’m sure Cynic will have fun cutting through the BS and no doubt like a page of pine print was attached.

James definitely spinning very very hard to advertisers and good will about this year and into next year…

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree, but they were never going to be. 1am start? Please, no amount of money was going to get Fox to give up the rights. There’s going to be limited viewers as it is.

1 Like

The women’s World Cup??

Not gonna get views, anyway. I agree with you, but no-one is going to go for them, unless they were bundled with something else.

Well that’s true. Ten’s ratings surely aren’t helped by their considerably smaller News/Current Affairs department or the fact that “the big two” currently own FTA rights to the four biggest (AFL, NRL, cricket, tennis) sports in Australia.

Yeah, I agree. Seven are probably going to have to partner up with a major streaming service (whether existing or emerging) soon, especially since Nine & Ten are already firmly tied with Stan and Paramount+ respectively.

Is family viewing a thing anymore? You have swearing on at 7:30, sexual scenarios and sex talk on at midday and sex, drugs and violence in the afternoon slots that used to be kid friendly.

That says more about Ten’s woeful ratings than the success of the show though and I can’t help but feel 10 would be disappointed in the ratings so far, especially as you pointed out The Block is in a weakened position.

I think you’re using an outdated concept where viewers only stick to ‘their channel’. Of course people that watched MKR watch Masterchef, it has mass cross over appeal for both their audiences. You also have cooking shows on ABC and SBS so it does seem that there is a danger of reaching over saturation levels again, when ratings have shown that the viewers aren’t as receptive as compared to just a couple of years ago.