Seven Network 2022

Well they’re not exactly going to go out of their way to build something for a non-broadcast show, are they?

Nine did and always have.

It’s lazy and uninspiring presentation when you are asking for money from the market.

2 Likes

The Voice Generations. The Voice to start the year.

3 Likes

Commonwealth Games announced.

3 Likes

Why didn’t Seven use the official Birmingham 2022 logo?

1 Like

TV Blackbox reports that My Kitchen Rules will return in a state v state format. Airing in the back half of the year. House Rules returns in its new form of Apartment Rules.

Also:

The fun and romance of Farmer Wants A Wife will be ramped up with the addition of “Sam’s Choice”, a special segment featuring acclaimed journalist and presenter Samantha Armytage.

MKR returning. Not a good move imo

7 Likes

We are all over cooking. It shows 7 don’t know what to do next and they are again aren’t innovating.
Stop investing in old formats and invest in drama!

5 Likes

Three months ago Angus Ross said MKR wasn’t returning in 2022 and that it was too early. How things can change.

And now a House Rules spin off.

Only 1 Australian “drama” which is an “event” for the so called “number 1” network.

How disappointing and embarrassing they won’t invest in local artists.

Says a lot for their confidence in a local market when you intro x3 international dramas in your upfronts.

3 Likes

They don’t rate. Why keep wasting money on Australian dramas when they get rubbish figures? Drama only works on steaming now.

2 Likes

A few spoilers for Home and Away

No idea why they didn’t commission another season of RFDS. But then again the ‘L word’ comes to mind right away.

1 Like

That’s not true at all. Catch-up is the future and if they have that view it doesn’t rate, they are dinosaurs.

Look at The Newsreader. By 7 days post airing it was doubling its audience from TV.

You can have the best of both words, money from TV and streaming. You can’t just give up. Other networks aren’t and they are talking advantage of where we are in 2021.

The ones that tank for 7 are crap storylines. They aren’t catering to what viewers actually want.

Stupid comment to say it’s a “waste of money”

2 Likes

Just to clarify, do we know if it’s the regular season of The Voice, or The Voice Generations, starts the year?

1 Like

That one.

2 Likes

Don’t say my comment is stupid. There’s no need for attacks.

The sooner people realise that there are options, the happier that they’ll be.

If you don’t like entertainment shows, go to the ABC.

If you want drama, go to streaming.

Stop wasting time in places where your content isn’t going to be.

Personally I love dramas, and would love it if Seven produced some crime/police dramas in the heart of Sydney and Melbourne, or even some family dramas like Packed to the Rafters style shows, but I can understand why they aren’t doing it because of production costs. Still a shame though.

Not surprised to see how many entertainment shows there are (The Voice, The Voice Generations, Idol and AGT). These shows usually rate very well so probably a smart move. I’m assuming The Voice Generations will premiere Sunday 30th January.

Looking forward to MKR’s comeback. Hope it does well, given it’s airing in the second half of the year but might have to go up against The Block unfortunately. Will be interesting to see who the judges are. I expect there will have to be some manufactured drama, but fingers crossed not as much as previous seasons.

Don’t have the highest hopes for Apartment Rules, but hope I’m proven wrong. Farmer Wants a Wife with Sam Armytage joining as a matcher sounds feel good and nice.

You’d wonder if there’ll be any Olympic fatigue considering Seven are showing both the Winter Olympics and Paralympics. I assume they’ll be left to 8:30pm/9pm once the reality shows are out of the way.

Was going to say something similar - poor, especially when the network claims they are #1 in local drama too

2 Likes