Seven Network 2021

The rumour about The Great Australian Bake-Off moving from Foxtel to Seven is an odd one - don’t think the show would work on commercial FTA TV.

Wonder what the surprise ‘very big’ announcement will be?

2 Likes

I did notice some sort of connection between Seven and The Great Australian Bake-Off on social media which made me wonder if something was happening behind the scenes.

1 Like

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I reckon that in February and March next year, Seven should air Holey Moley on Sunday and Monday nights, and then Big Brother on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.

It will be good for network shares if there are two really strong reality shows on 5 nights of the week.

2 Likes

Don’t understand why there is negative talk about Bake Off potentially moving to Seven. It’s a popular format and is inoffensive in nature which is something that Seven desperately needs and as long as it’s not produced by their in house department they would be fine.

Though there’s also this perception that if a show airs on Seven then people wouldn’t watch it, which is the result of Seven treating viewers like contempt over the many years where they aired rubbish like Dance Boss.

2 Likes

That’s entirely in your head. :rofl:

Trying out a new concept is treating viewers with contempt? That’s a new one. :rofl:

I would love that I just don’t think they will. I think they will more air all realities at different times.

3 Likes

I’d love to see them do that too.

Problem is that there is limited space throughout the year. Seven also have to factor in when they’ll air The Voice, Olympics, Farmer Wants a Wife, Ultimate Tag, potentially SAS and Australia’s Got Talent if they’re renewed, amongst others.

1 Like

Yeah but I think they can air them all at the different times throughout the year and perhaps over more days this time around. The issue this year was they only aired Farmer for two nights. Next year they can potentially air it 3-4 nights a week.

And we still don’t know if the Olympics are going ahead so there could be another two weeks they need to fill.

And I am also assuming we won’t be getting America’s and Britain’s Got Talent next year in primetime (at least on Tuesday or Wednesday’s).

4 Likes

I get it’s a popular show. However, I just don’t know whether it’s popular enough to get a substantial audience watching it on commercial FTA TV.

3 Likes

Nine tried it and it failed

2 Likes

I think Come Dine with me would have been better. and a lot cheaper.

1 Like

Oh yes. Plus it allows those who actually wants some form of MKR to get their share (with the dinner parties and stuff) without the manufactured drama getting in the way.

Seven should commission Come Dine with Me (or Bake Off if they REALLY want to) for next year if they want cooking.

1 Like

No manufactured drama? You’ve obviously not watched Come Done With Me. It’s notoriously bad for it.

2 Likes

Yes, but it’s cheap and a good watch, just for the cringe and awkward conversations.

Undeniably but hardly a classy reality show.

Have you watched reality shows recently?

Are you f***ing kidding me Seven?! We need less of this rubbish on our screens, not more!

If this program gets the green light, I’m willing to predict it’ll be one of the biggest flops of 2021 especially given Seven’s less than impressive track record in this regard.

Indeed, I don’t remember The Great Australian Bake-Off setting new ratings records for Nine when they aired that show in 2013!

Of course if Seven does acquire Bake-Off for next year, it’d just further cement the opinion I’ve had for some time now that they’re fast becoming the home of Channel Nine off-cuts!

3 Likes

Yes I realised it was an oxymoron as soon as I said it. :rofl:

1 Like

So for next year, the reality slate will probably be…

• Big Brother
  • Holey Moley
  • The Voice
  • Ultimate Tag
  • Farmer Wants a Wife
  • Australia’s Got Talent
  • SAS: Australia (very likely based on current ratings)
  • Great Australian Bake-off (rumour)
  • Some stupid dating/match-making show (rumour)
6 Likes