Seven Network 2021

except Seven would overdo it and it would become like an MKR 2.0. (which is ironic given that MKR was originally in part a rip off of CDWM)

Whereas the format as it is, fairly low-key, works best.

3 Likes

That is true. I do think there is a place for Come Dine With Me. Especially with the current multis that all networks have.

seems like a strong lineup considering how much content was lost in MKR and HR. I don’t think they will be missed at all.

and there is still every chance that something for later in the year will be announced early 2021. The one i keep thinking of is Instant Hotel. the first season showed promise then the second season was never really given a chance and never heard from again, i think it still had life.

Tvtonight says The Voice is after the olympics, looks like AGT is late 2021 then Idol in Feb 2022. I think There should be a bigger gap and Idol should be pushed to late 2022, 7 has struggled with their final quarter for years, and that could be the answer.

2 Likes

Australian Idol?

Now do Yassmin’s Getting Married next.

5 Likes

Full details of upfront announcements

Seven Network Upfronts 2021

May I just ask, is it known if there are any plans set for new episodes in 2021 by Greenstone?
Or else, there isn’t a huge advantage in leaving it for a primetime spot next year…

All the clips from today’s upfronts can be seen here

EDIT: now includes the entire upfront presentation

For the first time since 2009, Seven will have neither My Kitchen Rules or House Rules on the air. Instead it will rely on a new bunch of shows to take on the juggernaut that is Married at First Sight. The general line-up looks promising but the programming hole that is Thursday nights remains to be fixed.

1 Like

No mention of AFLW (I guess to be fair it hasn’t been confirmed a 2021 season is actually going ahead yet)

1 Like

I’d expect Thursday Night Football to be on Seven for 22 weeks from March - September.

2 Likes

Nah.

The Shire is more interesting to Seven :rofl:

1 Like

But what about Sydney, Brisbane and Perth when Thursday Night Football is on 7mate? You can’t just air triple episodes of Home and Away and repeat movies every week.

2 Likes

World’s Funniest Dog/Cat/Fish/Politician Videos

3 Likes

Once some of the revived reality shows start flailing, they can revive more reality shows in 2022/2023 like It Takes Two and Australia’s Next Top Model. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Looks like we’ve got them all

7.30 doesn’t look too bad. post-8.30 is still very bare. Fam Time looks like it’s disappeared into nowhere. RFDS looks decent and good to see Australian Gangster airing next year but such a shame there’s no other dramas. The Good Doctor and 9-1-1 are on their last legs ratings wise so can’t really depend on them either. Also such a shame they’re not producing any more factuals other than Highway Patrol.

1 Like

No mention of the ubiquitous Seven series TBA in today’s upfronts :thinking:

8 Likes

If Seven lost the AFL in a few years, I’d imagine a revival of Hey Hey It’s Saturday?

NO! :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Seven announced Idol and Beijing Olympics despite being 15 months away

They also announced Australian Gangster three years ago. :wink:

1 Like

what happened to Mates on a Mission and Wife Swap?