Seven Network 2020

Isn’t Mike Goldman doing the VO’s in this new series?

Not the same. Too produced.

There is no voice over this season.

1 Like

Yes there is. Its Sonia.

1 Like

She has barely narrated.

One Lane Bridge will be available on Sundance Now in the US and Canada from next month and has been sold to Acorn TV for the UK and Latin America.

But there is still nothing from Seven as to when it will be shown here.

1 Like

Thanks to the AFL Grand Final Seven won last week’s ratings.

So the weekly wins across the official ratings period for Network shares now stand at 17 weeks won by Seven and Nine plus one tie.

The huge AFL ratings (plus SAS:A) also boosted Seven’s weekly average share so that Seven and Nine are now tied on network shares for the year to date.

Update:

Seven media release

Seven levels the score in 2020 ratings battle

The Seven Network today confirmed that it had won its 17th week of the 2020 ratings survey year, levelling the score with Nine, with one week drawn. Commercial audience shares for the survey year to date are also both level between Seven and Nine at 37.6 per cent. The win comes after the first ever prime time AFL Grand Final, which secured Seven a record-setting 76.0 per cent network commercial share, the highest ever recorded by OzTam, and the hugely successful launch of SAS Australia, which debuted as the #1 entertainment show on Monday and Tuesday.

Seven’s momentum is a reflection of its strong performance across the second half of the survey year. From June 2020, Seven has led in Total People and all key demographics, including 25-54s and 16-39s. The success of Big Brother, Farmer Wants A Wife and now SAS Australia, combined with the AFL, Australia’s #1 winter sport, and Seven’s dominant content spine of 7NEWS, Sunrise, The Chase, Home and Away, Better Homes and Gardens and The Morning Show, delivered these results.

Angus Ross, Seven’s Director of Programming, said: “We lead every key demo since June, a huge turnaround from the first half of the year. The success of our new prime time tentpole strategy, with Big Brother, Farmer and now SAS, has proven hugely successful for us. Add to that the AFL, which has seen significant year on year ratings growth, and our unbeatable content spine, and it’s clear that momentum is with us at Seven. It’s going to be a tight race to the end of the year.”

Prime time tentpoles Big Brother, Farmer Wants A Wife and SAS Australia have proven hugely successful on 7plus as well as broadcast. Big Brother was the most live-streamed show launch in BVOD history, and SAS Australia is already well on track to being the most popular show in 7plus history. The cumulative effect is that 7plus is secure as the #1 CFTA BVOD service in Australia, growing considerably faster than competitors.

Mr Ross concluded: “We’ve been able to level the score in 2020 with a schedule significantly impacted by COVID-19 – we’re down two and a half prime time tentpoles and lost the AFL for two months. Imagine what we’ll be able to do in 2021 with a fully loaded prime time schedule, a full AFL season and of course, the Tokyo Olympics – set to be the biggest event ever.”

3 Likes

Their real share was 65.8%. They excluded ABC & SBS.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

They made it pretty clear it was commercial only.

6 Likes

For the unknown who don’t know the difference in Commercial TV. It’s a cheap ploy to boast.

3 Likes

It’s a media release, ie. sent out to media. I’m pretty sure most media would have a knowledge of what is commercial and what isn’t.

5 Likes

You missed my point. Regardless of it being a media release. Still a tactic to boast.

1 Like

They aren’t the ones who invest money into the network.

60%, 70%, who cares, both are fucking huge, aren’t they?

I’ve never seen a FTA share that high before, interesting for us long-time MS users, I thought the very rare 50% was the highest it could go, but last night has broken all of that.

5 Likes

That may be, but all networks do it. This is not unique to Seven or to this event.

4 Likes

And they haven’t had much to gloat about this year, so good on them. 9 and 10 have had adnauseam daily reports.

A stupid distinction given that SBS airs commercials, it’s not a three-horse race for the commercial dollar.

2 Likes

Agree. But they are not like for like either.

If you can boast you’ve got X amount of commercial eyeballs, it makes sense to do so.

5 Likes

Those sort of shares are not totally unheard of, it is just that they usually occur outside of prime time - that’s made the difference this year. Previous years, networks have talked about shares even higher during the day when there is no competition at all.

2 Likes

True.

I’m guessing AFL GF shares (timeslot) were actually probably at an all time low last night, as in day time I think it used to be reported it’d do up to 90% in say Melbourne, I think one market did 97% a couple of years ago (might’ve been Adelaide I think during 2017 Crows GF)!

SBS may air commercials, but they are not a commercial station.
the qty of commercials they air is greatly restricted compared to 7, 9 & 10.