Seven Network 2020

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe 10 passed on it and didn’t want an old format and are happy with The Masked Singer instead.

3 Likes

I would say 10 didn’t want the options.

1 Like

7 confusing it’s viewers with times yet again.
All the promos for Fire Fight in Qld just say 1.00pm indicating it will be delayed, then on Sunrise the graphic says 1.00pm AEDT.

2 Likes

Sam Mac and Sonia Kruger doing a great job on Fire Fight Australia. (Sorry didn’t know where to comment on it).

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks

If the Olympics are cancelled, 7 is screwed!

3 Likes

The comments James Warburton made to Mumbrella last week could backfire if the Olympics this year does not go ahead as planned…

Look, you know, I think we take information from the World Health Organisation , the IOC [International Olympic Committee] and the AOC [Australian Olympic Committee], and they’ve come out with a very strong position, which is there is no need to delay or cancel the Olympics in any way. So that’s the way that we’re preparing, and from that perspective. There’s obviously a lot of Olympic qualifier events and those types of things. They’ve had trials either in China or Japan or other areas – the marathon was cancelled this weekend or something.

But there’s absolutely no thought around that at this particular point in time.

:grimacing:

1 Like

Is there any way Seven could get a refund from the IOC if this happens?

They might as well shut down now if the Olympics don’t happen (not that I’d like to see it happen, but you never know).

1 Like

You bet your arse NBC will, that’s for sure

6 Likes

7 has started promos for both Farmer and House Rules, so what’s coming next? Or will they air simultaneously?

2 Likes

Farmer Wants A Wife is the type of show which screens once a week, so most likely to screen at the same time.

4 Likes

Ah ok, never watched Farmer before.
Maybe HR will replace MKR and Farmer will replace Pooch.

1 Like

Probably wouldn’t considering AFL will be on Thursday’s. I actually though Big Brother would be on air before these shows.

So, as just about everyone predicted, MKR has been a failure this year and Seven would be dumb to bring it back in 2020. I’m also predicting House Rules to go the same way as MKR.

As a result, Seven will need a new format for 2021. Are there any good formats going around in the world at the moment?

Maybe The Circle? It is a little similar to Big Brother though. Anything else going around?

I do feel Big Brother is going to be a bit of a hit this year and will be back in 2021.

1 Like

Well obviously. Why would you put two seasons in one year? I don’t even think they were planning two seasons.

As for 2021 some would have said the same thing about Masterchef when it failed a few years ago. In my opinion you don’t just get rid of a known format after one failed season. You rework it and go back to the reasons it was so successful. It what Masterchef did and they got another 5 years of it. 7 should do the same and perhaps move it to a different time of the year in 2021.

2 Likes

MKR was a failure last year also.

I wouldn’t call an average of 700/800k a failure… If you did that 90% of what is on TV is a failure.

4 Likes

I would.

It is.

2 Likes