Seven Network 2020

Look at its nightly lineup - it’s a mish-mash of all different types of shows with movies on the weekend. The channel would benefit from having (and sticking to) a defined identity

2 Likes

Fair enough.

I will add though weekend movies consistently deliver the channel’s best shares. Risk is they might fall further.

Though we know Seven aren’t focusing total people now, rather key demos. So perhaps they won’t care about any drop in total people but rather look at the 16-39 (?) and especially female demographics?

1 Like

That 2020 line up confirms the VPN subscription fee being billed to my credit card every month is worth every cent. Nothing excites me about what Seven has offered up. I’ll probably have a look at RFDS for old times sake and the mini golf show to see how it compares to the American show but that’s about it.

4 Likes

But didn’t you hear? 10Daily was going places with 700k monthly views!!

4 Likes

They’ve just launched 2020 one place promos on network tv right now !

2 Likes

All the details

4 Likes

Thought the end of Cynic’s link said “Farmer wants a wife with Matt Preston” then :joy:

2 Likes

A few thoughts:
*Everything old is new again - The Farmer Wants a Wife, RFDS, Big Brother
*Too few original shows
*7mate going full-time HD is well overdue and allows for more flexible sports programming. But will picture quality of other channels suffer as the result?
*Seven’s dominance at breakfast won’t last forever
*Seven still needs to fix the Sydney news
*There is no way the final season of Modern Family should be pushed to after the Tokyo Olympics

5 Likes

STILL TO COME IN 2019

• Season 3 of Australia’s No. 1 drama THE GOOD DOCTOR

• Season 2 of sweet realitycreation ZUMBO’S JUST DESSERTS

• The premiere of Pauly Fenech ’s FAT PIZZA: BACK IN BUSINESS on 7mate

• The 2019 AACTA AWARDS (Dec)

• The iconic star-studded Christmas celebration CAROLS IN THE DOMAIN (Dec 21)

4 Likes

And we can dispense with this silly main vs multichannel nonsense like has (or should have!) happened with 9HD and 9GemHD.

2 Likes

I am very underwhelmed. A lot of recycling from 7. Even with the Masterchef judges. More recycling.

I do have to admit the Golf show and the Pooch show are things that are different and I am glad they have taken that risk. But its 7 so it will probably be shit.

I am also glad they have reinvested in some drama although some is reboots. But that is ok. That is what 7 should be going back to. It is something they were successful with in the past and just didn’t bother with for some reason.

7 Likes

Looks like a few new interesting formats that I will try out.

However, overall, it seems like a lot of risk taking when compared to Nine and 10. Nine and 10, were happy to talk about their successes and announce their return for next year, which in most cases (MasterChef a possible exception) were in a very similar or familiar format.

I think Seven are taking a huge risk making so many changes to their ‘primetime pillars’. I think instead of revitalising ‘tired formats’ it will be their death knell. Recent results suggest to me that while a brand new format can be successful, viewers also like familiarity. Seven seem to reacting as if they were rating 3rd or 4th.

I recon it would have been better to maintain the majority of the line-up from the first half of the year that was doing well and added their new formats into the mix. It just looks like too much change for me.

11 Likes

Why is the Olympics on 7two? That won’t be in HD. Why aren’t they using 7mate? Stupid idiots at that place.

3 Likes

Richmond’s Marlion Pickett must be on cloud nine by now. He made a spectacular debut in the AFL Grand Final nearly a month ago and today was invited to Seven’s upfronts alongside Australian test captain Tim Paine.

4 Likes

no mention of any motorpsort.

hmmm, so ARG not going to Seven, that said I heard that even though it was not mentioned that the Bathurst 12 hour will be on 7mate .

just to add further to that, I hear that Seven will be the in the box seat for all Supercars rounds from 2021.

2 Likes

Surely ten aren’t going to let their only major sport go?

Unless 7 are teaming up with fox. Which could be very likely.

3 Likes

Umm so Nine’s national wins from 2013-2015 are irrelevant are they?

2 Likes

Well from the report I have seen TEN is looking at alternatives for motorsport.

my understanding is that Seven much like Nine are now looking at going exclusive for any sport they do for FTA and streaming service, that does not rule out Fox Sports from retaining Supercars from pay TV standpoint only (not Kayo streaming) but it means that from a streaming viewpoint Seven want content for 7plus.

If I read that correctly 7plus has grown 54% … and without any AFL content (other then state leagues) … that is impressive, that said it could of been so much higher f Seven had AFL and cricket on 7plus.

3 Likes

a very generic tagline for a vey generic network - 7 needs to learn to think a bit riskier and younger.

Melbourne Cup carnival? Rugby Union?