Seven Network 2019

Not sure if I’d go that far. But if Nine play their cards right (they still need one or two more hit shows in the right places, namely in Q2), I think Seven’s decade+ long run at the top might eventually come to an end!

Yeah, but Australia’s Got Talent reached its ratings peak around the 2007-11 timeframe when it discovered acts like Mark Vincent, Justice Crew, Bonnie Anderson and a couple of others who’s names escape me right now, but they had moderate success for a brief period!

But with the format crashing and burning for Nine only a couple of years ago while “shiny floor talent” formats are currently on the wane in general, I highly doubt the general public (well OK, maybe one ex-member of these forums might) will be overly excited about the format’s return to Seven.

Wait, I thought this was a joke.
Are they actually serious? Why bring it back when it flopped on Nine not very long ago?

3 Likes

Something that hasn’t been mentioned much, is how Married actually beat MKR (including consolidated) this year, albeit the latter was staggered due to major sport events.
Should be of great concern to Seven, as Married will only get bigger (if producers keep it like this season) and with the Aus Open promotion and lead-in for Nine.

However, it should be noted, that despite this, Seven still won most (if not nearly all) weeks in Quarter 1 and Quarter 2, helped by later in the week and multi-channels.

If Nine can fix Friday/Saturday nights and get their multi-channels bigger (including completely re-thinking 9Go! which went backwards and TBBT clearly isn’t working in terms of deep 7 night programming), then I agree Seven could be in trouble.

Love to see David down under :blush:

Well if they loved the show so much why didn’t they keep it back in 2012 (along with DWTS and X Factor) rather than axing all of them only to invest in crap formats that audience don’t resonate with? If it’s because of ratings then they should have these like The Block to grow an audience.

Now they’re bringing back a turd that’s died off a long time ago due to their inability to persist and letting the show go to Nine. Serves them right if this flops along with their ‘love shows’.

Why are people reacting to this like it’s a personal attack on them? It’s just a bloody TV show that will potentially run once a week for about 10 to 12 weeks. Calm down and carry on.

3 Likes

I think it’s more of constructive criticism at the recycling of dead formats. I’m sure you would agree with the fact that revivals aren’t the way to go.

Of course. I have no interest in watching revivals or reboots.

But then again if we use your analogy regarding The Block. Nine axed it and then brought it back a few years later to arguably bigger success and it’s still going strong. Sometimes reboots work.

Rarely. For every success story like The Block, there’s even more about revived programs/formats failing because audiences realised why the show was axed in the first place.

3 Likes

But Nine brought AGT back and it flopped hard. If it continued directly without stopping from Seven it may have worked.

2 Likes

It’s new content. Not my sort of show but perhaps seven can get their ageing audience to watch. I just hope this doesn’t mean they don’t bring back All together now which I think did reasonably well.

I’m fine with All Together Now but I’m sceptical that AGT will work considering that it all but disintergrated on Nine. If it flops (below 800,000) then it will be a hard, expensive blow for Seven.

1 Like

I bet this was a reaction to 10 doing DWTS

1 Like

Now let’s wait for Nine to revive The X Factor :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

They don’t have room in their schedule surely, so I can’t see that happening… yet lol

Depends on how much seven are paying. I have a feeling it might have been quite cheap for the Australian market.

Unless if they replace The Voice…which might not happen for a long time lol.

Commerical TV is more of the same everywhere. Just three different names but the same same for everyone: Reboots, revivals, lack of new ideas, stripped reality, little drama in general…

Seven won’t even touch it given the declining ratings of The Voice.

But they touched an even lower rating show in AGT. Masked Singer is something Australia hasn’t seen yet, AGT has been flogged to death. I know which one I’d prefer to invest in.

5 Likes

As much as I agree this was a bust on nine it does fit sevens demographic. Before it was axed in seven it was doing ok. It was only that it was expensive it was axed. Although I could be mistaken. I can see why seven have given this a shot.

The masked singer doesn’t really scream out seven.