Seven Network 2019

A new Food Channel is rumoured to be launching on the Seven Network.

https://www.tvblackbox.net/new-food-channel-for-channel-7/

Perhaps they have picked up the deal SBS lost?

The original report is in today’s Australian Financial Review. It says the new food channel can drive high-yield growth on a digital channel according to sources.

Will Seven have to reduce the bitrates of other channels for the new food channel?

Will it replace an old multichannel or be another new one. How many are sustainable?

Can they fit a 6th channel on their spectrum? Assume that means it either has to go MPEG4 or they reduce the bitrate of all other channels to accomodate this. Perhaps it could be a 7Plus exclusive if they’re looking to monetise the channel and have it as a digital offering.

2 Likes

As hinted to by me a couple of weeks ago.

Free food channel on SBS…not really tempting to pay for another one

1 Like

My little prediction for next year is MKR will be pushed back slightly if not to another quarter. I also think Instant Hotel will launch the year for Seven.

1 Like

Just a prediction not sure if it will happen. Just find it strange they didn’t air it this year.

Can’t even use a hashtag consistently (#AllFronts or #7AllFronts). What hope have they got?

Damn, I thought Seven News wasn’t returning in 2019 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

It’s unusual for Seven to release its 2019 line-up before the upfronts presentation. Other networks reveal their new lineups gradually to keep advertisers and media writers in suspense.

Why do seven call it allfronts?

1 Like

Not surprised Wanted appears to have been axed.

The drama investment is welcome and the projects sound good. I don’t trust Seven to deliver all of them in 2019 though, given we have previously been promised Warnie and Australian Gangster was also due this year. Factors change and affect delivery but I take their entire announcement with a grain of salt.

Very disappointed they’re staying with the reality romance genre and not branching out. Wife Swap may work. The momentum is with Nine.

1 Like

Lots of romance/dating shows there. Very underwhelming. Pity seven cant be brave and try a new genre. Simply getting their own version of married is very blah to me.

2 Likes

:sleeping:

They’re taking big risks with expensive drama so I don’t think the entire strategy is risk averse. But the stripped capability appears to be over reliant on reality romance that has previously failed.

Nine released their upfront information ahead of the presentation; it had an embargo time.