Seven Network 2018

Only the renovating of houses part as far as I can see, which is what you need to make a renovation reality genre isn’t it? The premises are slightly different so you have two different shows on two rival networks. Same scenario with MKR and Masterchef, right?

Yes. Seven ripped off both concepts to some extent. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As I said. Same, same but different.

3 Likes

Well if you are saying they tried to create another reality show of the same genre as Ten’s Masterchef & Nine’s The Block then you are right but other than that, it is not a rip off of any concept; Seven put their own spin into the format of the shows as you can probably see…

You say they “put a spin on the concept”. Others say they ripped off thd concept but made it different enough so they wouldn’t get sued. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It was the same when Nine then tried to rip off MKR with The Hotplate but made it too similar, were sued and had to stop making it.

5 Likes
1 Like

http://www.msn.com/en-au/money/company-news/seven’s-‘streamlining’-hits-home-at-better-homes-and-border-security/ar-BBFjg8w?ocid=ientp

Seven workers are facing job cuts across the company as it tries to cut $55 million in costs by June.

Crikey understands that some of the job cuts were at long-running in-house TV productions Better Homes and Gardens and Border Security.

The cuts are a major part of the $75 million in net costs the network wants cut by 2019. At Seven West Media’s annual meeting on November 1, CEO Tim Worner committed the company to a total of $105 million in cuts by 2019, to be offset in 2018-19 by another $30 million in new costs associated with the over-priced AFL contract.

Also see

1 Like

Seven has invested in a new Discovery Canada docodrama series Disasters at Sea, along with the Smithsonian Channel in the US.

1 Like

Hard Sun

Coming to Seven in 2018

Channel Seven has acquired HARD SUN, a six-part drama set in modern day London written by EMMY and BAFTA nominated Neil Cross, creator of Luther, and starring Jim Sturgess and Agyness Deyn in her first television role.

HARD SUN tells the story of how investigators Charlie Hicks (Sturgess) and Elaine Renko (Deyn) inadvertently stumble upon evidence that the world is facing certain destruction in five years. As the pair find themselves pursued by ruthless operatives who are willing to kill to keep them silent, they must use all their ingenuity to protect themselves and those that they love.

Angus Ross, Director of Network Programming said “Seven is always on the lookout for dramas that stand out from the crowd. HARD SUN is a thrilling story on an epic scale – this will be an intense and addictive show we feel will resonate across the screens of Seven.”

Paul Ridley, SEVP of Sales & Distribution, Australia, New Zealand and Japan, FMI commented “I’m excited to be working with Seven to bring Hard Sun to Australian audiences. Full of complex characters, this is a truly distinctive, well-acted and brilliantly written crime drama by an exceptional storyteller, Neil Cross.”

Following the broadcast premiere on Seven, viewers will then have the option to binge the remaining episodes anytime, anywhere on 7plus.

Euston Films will produce HARD SUN for the BBC in the UK and Hulu in the US.

I’m sick of the “2018 > 7” / “Year of competition” promos already, some ad breaks see them air twice!

Airing them more than anything else at the moment.

All we haven’t seen, is the usual promos thanking viewers for making them No. 1 again :wink:

1 Like

Maybe they need it.

We were talking about non-ratings period at work today and how almost everyone said that they have switched off FTA this week after the news. Someone asked me “who won the ratings this year?” and I said Seven. Next question was “then why are Nine saying ‘We Are The One’ ?”

3 Likes

If your complaining about 2018 promos now, I look forward to what you’ll post in mid-January when tennis matches interrupt endless ‘After the Tennis’ promos. As an added bonus in 2018, we’ll probably also get ‘After the Winter Olympics’ promotions as well!

4 Likes

I’m surprised your workplace is even talking about ratings.

Most people wouldn’t even understand or care, we MediaSpy-ers are a unique niche :facepunch:

3 Likes

…not to mention the Commonwealth Games. I’m sure the House Rules and Australian Spartan promos will be flogged to death during Seven’s coverage of GC2018!

2 Likes

The subject only came up as a response people saying that the programming is so bad this week, particularly rubbish movies clogging the schedule.

1 Like

Yes, the programming is really bad, I’ve hardly watched anything live or as live :sleeping:

Only DVDs and DVR catch-up from last couple of weeks.

Only the Ashes of course

Hard Sun premieres on BBC One tonight (Sunday morning in Australia). Perhaps Seven will show it “after the tennis”?

EDIT: it premieres on Seven on Wednesday February 7.

Seven has delayed Australian Gangster due to legal issues.

2 Likes

I heard that Channel 7 will commission The Partner Test, Escape for Love during this year.

1 Like

The Partner Test
“When do you know if your partner is really The One? Wouldn’t it be great if you could put your partner to the test before you commit? We are looking for couples that want to be sure they aren’t settling for second best!”

Escape for Love
“Have you met the love of your life but your family isn’t so sure? We’re looking for couples who believe they are destined to be together, despite what anyone thinks”

I say again.

3 Likes

Racing Victoria’s Off The Track program gets set to jump off

Racing Victoria (RV) has today announced its commitment to Jump Off, a new reality television series coming to the Seven Network in Spring 2018 that showcases horse racing and show jumping and celebrates the versatility of thoroughbred horses. The program will also be rebroadcast on Racing.com.

The series is being produced by Showmakers, and RV’s Off The Track program is a major sponsor.

It features leading Victorian racehorse trainers David Hayes of the Lindsay Park powerhouse, Melbourne Cup-winning trainer Darren Weir, multiple Group 1-winning trainer Mick Price, the brother-sister duo of Patrick and Michelle Payne, along with Godolphin Australia’s head trainer James Cummings.

Each team will work in tandem with some of the country’s best show jumping riders in Dave Cameron, Russell Johnstone, Vicki Roycroft, Jamie Kermond and Peter McMahon, to re-train former racehorses and transform them into jumping champions.

The five teams will jump off for a $100,000 prize pool, Australia’s richest show jumping purse, in front of a live audience in the grand finale at Boneo Park Equestrian Centre on Saturday, 2 June 2018.

“Equine welfare is at the heart of this show and the horses are the heroes of Jump Off, which is why we have decided to support it,” RV’s Chief Executive, Giles Thompson, said.

“Horses are the centrepiece of our industry, and Racing Victoria is dedicated to ensuring they’re afforded appropriate care and attention before, during and after their racing careers.

“Our vision is to be a leader in equine welfare and build a culture in which the safety and welfare of the horse is paramount.”

RV’s Off The Track program aims to facilitate the placement of retired thoroughbred racehorses in secondary careers.

“Our philosophy is that there is a home for every healthy thoroughbred after racing, and we are working with both the racing and equestrian industries to use every avenue to rehome retiring racehorses in Victoria,” Thompson added.

Off The Track drives demand for the thoroughbred as performance and pleasure horses, as well as providing education on the various post-racing options, versatility, and appropriate care and retraining of the breed.

“Through our Off The Track program, Racing Victoria has sponsored more than 500 equestrian events in which over 11,000 retired racehorses have competed,” Thompson said.

“We see this as an effective way to drive the demand for Off The Track thoroughbreds in a secondary career.”

Olympic showjumper and Jump Off rider, Russell Johnstone, stated that the series is an exciting new format which promotes a life after racing for retired racehorses.

“With the continued popularity of show jumping in both Europe and the United States, and the participation of more Australian riders overseas, the interest in Australian show jumping is on the rise,” Johnstone said.

“The Jump Off series featuring Australia’s best racehorse trainers and Olympic show jumpers opens the sport to a whole new audience of racing enthusiasts, the equestrian world and the broader Australian public.”

For more information on Off The Track, click The Horse | Racing Victoria; or to register interest in attending the Jump Off final at Boneo Park, visit Jump Off

1 Like