Seven Melbourne

Love local idents. The last ones I really remember and loved were the “My City” series

5 Likes

More info please? What is the reason? Where will playout be from?

1 Like

AFAIK, NPC (Nine) in Forests French, Sydney.

1 Like

That “Melbourne Is My City” ident was also really good, catchy.

That pic is sad, within less than 6 years half of them (Sandy - Fox, Brownie - Sydney and Bec - Nine) have gone. Was a nice team, that were so popular in the late 2000s/early 2010s.

We haven’t heard any details or confirmation on months of transition, etc. yet. Just a statement from Seven publicists confirming to David Knox and other media, including the staff axing figure.

3 Likes

Shorter version just aired…

Seven’s Docklands HQ at Etihad Stadium was recently bought by the Victorian Government which is apart of the recent AFL redevelopment plans of the precinct .

7 Likes

Yes It seems like Seven Melbourne (HSV7) will be looking for a new home soon.

I would say within the next couple of years.

I am sure Seven did not want to leave the current Docklands site, it leased the property which is at a great location.

1 Like

Nothing is guaranteed beyond a lease and they would have known that

2 Likes

So that’s why playout is moving :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I’ve always wondered that.

Like for AFL telecasts, Bruce and co. a stepping stone away from the Etihad Stadium TV/media rooms.

Unlike the MCG which is across the opposite side of the inner-city.

Is there a connecting door they can use?

I’ve managed to grab two shorter versions…

2 Likes

It’s been stated that seven is downgrading it’s operations at BCM. I don’t think this will happen for a little while, but I would expect within the next 5 years (Guessing).

We might see the station move further into the city?

1 Like

It’s across the concourse from the stadium. Match day commentators probably have little need to be anywhere other than the ground.

1 Like

The move it differently on the cards. I wonder what will happen to the big iconic 7 out the front? Its become a Docklands Landmark overtime.

3 Likes

Knowing that inner-city rent in Melbourne wouldn’t be cheap these days, I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Seven moves a bit further out of the city when the time comes to move on from Docklands.

It could consider Fishermens Bend on the other side of Yarra River.

I’ve often wondered how Seven get their feed for events broadcast from the stadium.
Do they still go via Telstra’s DVN (like other networks would) or have Seven got their own private cabling for the short distance between BCM and the stadium.

The station needs to be central to Melbourne for obvious reason.

• Bourke Street Mall
  • Federation Square
  • Southbank/Southwarf
  • A Collins Street Location
  • Docklands - AFL New HQ - also close to Docklands studios etc.

I cant see them constructing a new facility/ most likely rent-out office space somewhere.