Seven HD

And if HD was REALLY that important to the AFL, they would

a. Be encouraging Prime7 VIC to move it to 7mate
b. Ensuring that FOX supplies 7 with a HD feed for games shown on 7 outside of VIC.

Part B is the most baffling part of this whole AFL in HD madness.

8 Likes

I’d imagine that if/when Seven switches back to 7mate HD, we’d see 7mate programing info in the EPG prior to the switch happening.

Although it goes without saying, personally I hope that Seven just leaves the f***ing HD channel alone this year and simulcasts the main programing in all markets for at least the majority of the time. Do breakaway AFL programing if you really must, but please don’t switch back to 7mateHD.

Oh well…in any case I really don’t watch all that much on Seven but when I do, I’d prefer to see main channel content in HD because the picture quality of their SD channel is a disgrace!

5 Likes

Are you sure it’s not just you :slight_smile: ? Spare a thought for all those 7Bogan viewers who are missing their favourite shows in HD. Monster Trucks and Tattoo Disasters aren’t quite the same in SD.

4 Likes

But those extra pixels sure bring new life to Cats Make You Laugh Out Loud

5 Likes

Well how else can they claim 7bogan is the best channel ever? :stuck_out_tongue:
(Have Seven still been claiming that since it’s gone SD in the metros?)

2 Likes

Regional … where they own and operate it. Makes no sense to me other than to please the AFL. Not like we have an affiliate . Oh well I guess by 2020 it should all be sorted out . Only watch 1 show on there anyway I watch.

Not sure why they don’t. Technical equipment reason perhaps? So how does breakaway programming work ?

Netflix’s SD is better lol.

1 Like

Showcase, HBO is leap years ahead! Try telling that to someone at Ch7

7HD has been on primary Channel simulcast for Sydney, Brisbane and Perth for one month and one week. If AFL starts I would see that the 7mate will move to Hd in these cities.

2 Likes

Well yeah we know. :stuck_out_tongue: Please don’t remind us. I have enjoyed the 7hd simulcast…

1 Like

be good if regional Australia and regional Victoria got prime 7 hd

Given the apparent disinterest in HD though, regional viewers, given a choice, would probably prefer to see Prime start broadcasting 7Flix ahead of HD. Of course both would be better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wish Seven would issue some sort of statement on this or there was a story on TV Tonight with an interview with someone from 7 letting us know their plans if any.

If Seven was to stupidly stop broadcasting the primary channel in HD and revert to 7Mate HD in some markets, why does everyone here think it’ll happen the day after the tennis is over?

Surely another likely date is the first appearance of AFL for the year.

Mind you, there has not been one mention during the tennis of HD being available. It’s like their little secret for those who care enough to find it.

i would i know others would prefur both

The debut game of the AFLW is Friday February 3 so odds are the switch will be sometime between next Sunday night and then.

1 Like

I don’t really get all the fuss about 7 having a HD channel. I know I love the HD varient of a channel but generally speaking the majority of the public don’t even know about the HD varient or cannot tell the difference.

I went to Sydney on holiday last weekend, the hotel TV had 7HD so I thought Sydney finally got the channel permanently.

Let’s not start that argument again…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

couldn’t 7 just over switch over onto mate Hd on game day.like in perth 5pm Friday or 5pm Satyrday!!

1 Like

They don’t want to do that. They have a two tier system that apparently works when it comes to aflbeing in HD.