Seven HD

Thanks @webguy !

2 Likes

Yes. My mistake, I forgot to change that when I copied it from above.

1 Like

SCA Nine is the only Aussie network that has juggled their bandwidth effectively for the most channels at decent quality. Prime should take note when it comes to launching their HD channel because I’m sure they’d want to keep both ishop tv and Racing.

7 Likes

Don’t they have 9HD in MPEG 4 and everything else in MPEG 2?

Yes, with 2 MPEG-4 datacast channels on top.

Nine, on the other hand, can’t do 2 datacast channels (Extra and Extra 2) because they decided to keep 9Life as MPEG-2 for maximum viewership.

1 Like

@webguy explained it pefectly, but yeah,

• SCA has 9HD, 9Life, Aspire and SBN in MPEG-4
  • Nine only has 9HD and Extra in MPEG-4

SCA also maximise their bandwidth in Darwin with SBN, TVSN and Racing all in MPEG-4. Darwin could potentially be the station with the most channels if SCTV HD ever gets off the ground…

7 SCTV
70 SCTV HD
72 7TWO
73 7mate
74 SBN
75 TVSN
76 7flix
78 Racing

7 Likes

With no 7 HD in regional Qld I hope that the new Plus 7 replacement service will be in HD.

1 Like

While we’re talking bandwidth and quality, is it just me or is Ch 76 (66 regional) [7flix] fairly poor, seems a bit hazy?

7HD Melbourne seems to be upscaled tonight.

Edit: I don’t know if it was my server or if it was BCM.

2 Likes

7flix doesn’t exist in Southern Cross broadcast areas.

1 Like

I am aware of this. My list for Darwin was hypothetical.

1 Like

It’s absolutely mind-boggling to think that Prime7 has launched a HD-simulcast of the main channel while GWN7 and the Seven-owned 7QLD (both of which are the highest rating stations in their markets, no less) still haven’t.

What’s holding them back?

3 Likes

Don’t forget SC Darwin, SC SA, SC Central North & South, 7 Griffith and 7 ESA, all of which should offer HD/7flix/the full 7 product, as they’d be doing well with Seven’s high rating programs too.

6 Likes

It is strange, that the industry leader for the past 11 years, has different channel availability in various markets.

WIN and also SCA9 seems more polished / uniform in the HD regard.

This one baffles me the most.
Regional affiliates can get their act together and simulcasts in HD, yet the network themselves can’t even be bothered, it’s bullshit

3 Likes

Regional Qld doesn’t like change lol .

1 Like

Yes, it would create mass community dysfunction in Ayr, near Townsville.

5 Likes

Hey it’s not censored anymore!

4 Likes

We’re below the monthly quota.

3 Likes

Well, 7QLD seems to obliterate the ratings without a 7HD channel?