Seven Cricket Coverage

Sure, but that wasn’t what I was showing

If you think that’s bad check out ESPN’s coverage of the NHL from TSN Canada, ESPN promotes the coverage to start at 11.30am but has a 50 minute pre-game show full of fluff and the actual game started at 12.20pm.

1 Like

I cannot believe that the Big Bash is still going. Seems ridiculous to be going 3 weeks into the school term for most states. Does nothing for crowd numbers or TV schedules (or eyeballs).

The scheduling of the matches is as much an issue in this deal as anything else. They should start 2 weeks earlier in December at least.

4 Likes

I don’t like how it’s been night games for the most part, but the final is now on a Sunday afternoon.

That cheapens it a bit for me, all because Channel 7 want to show MKR that night. It should be a Saturday night final in this case.

3 Likes

But a Saturday night BBL final will overlap with Seven’s coverage of AFLW.

2 Likes

I would argue that the BBL final is more important than a regular season AFLW game.

Purely because it’s the final.

7 Likes

I have to say that I’ve been disappointed with Seven’s cricket coverage. In many ways, they’ve been worse than Nine were. James Brayshaw, IMO, is unbearable. I know 7 covers AFL but that’s not a reason to call it like AFL. And it needs a bit more representation from Qld & WA. A lot of B grade talent from Melbourne just doesn’t cut it nationally.

2 Likes

IMO James Brayshaw, Andy Maher and Michael Slater were the worst. So annoying and overbearing. How they let Fox sign up all the good talents like Mel Jones and Isa Guha is beyond me.

Next 5 years are going to be disastrous.

4 Likes

Tests were good, BBL treated like the second child

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a perfect summation.:+1:

6 Likes

Good to see Seven coming to their senses with Ricky Ponting, Damian Fleming and Brad Hodge being the main commentators today. But why oh why do they still have Mel Mclaughlin hosting and James Brayshaw still around?

1 Like

And here comes James Brayshaw hosting with Punter and Fleming. I think I might just mute my TV.

Don’t know why they parachuted her in to host the BBL Finals when she wasn’t involved in the coverage during the regular season

1 Like

I think Sam McClure was to be given the hosting role, but he left Seven after declining a full time reporting role at the Melbourne newsroom.

Also it looks like Seven has rearranged the 6pm-7pm line-up on 7mate and 7TWO so it can show the post-match presentations of today’s BBL final on either channel in Victoria, NSW, ACT and Tasmania.

At least they have a reasonable crowd today for a final.

3 Likes

Seven are excellent at ruining what they have. They have two good commentators in Punter and Fleming but had to put in ocker Brayshaw in the mix. I’ll never understand what they see in Brayshaw as a commentator or host, he’s plain terrible at what he does.

Looks like Seven News is going to start late tonight in Melbourne and Sydney…

2 Likes

Pity all of the games of the season weren’t as exciting this one!

1 Like

As well as Nightly News > 7 Tasmania.

1 Like

Cricket is now on 7mate as well as Seven have just stated that they will go straight to news when the game is over, presentations will be on 7mate only.

1 Like