Seven Cricket Coverage

BBL post-match presentation will be on main channel outside VIC, NSW, ACT and Tasmania.

2 Likes

Telecast finished at 6:30pm (EDT)

2 Likes

ABC Radio’s Alister Nicholson will again be part of Seven’s commentary team.

1 Like

The 2nd & 3rd ODIs (both being played on Sunday’s) should really air on the main channel

3 Likes

I worried that a few states will have the AFLW on 7 on Sunday Arvo.

1 Like

There’s a GWS game on Sunday which is scheduled to air on the main channel in Sydney. The following Sunday when the 3rd ODI is being played, GWS, Adelaide & Fremantle are all playing.

Despite that, I would argue that showing the national women’s cricket team takes priority over regular season AFLW matches

You worry about some weird shit!

2 Likes

well it is not being shown in Melbourne

I didn’t get to watch any of the girls game yesterday as I was at school then playing a cricket Semi Final.

Who were the special guest commentators or commentators in general?

Abbey Gelmi hosted yesterday’s 1st match. Andy Maher and Alister Nicholson were play-by-play commentators, with special comments from Dirk Nannes and Lisa Sthalekar.

2 Likes

That would have been hard work to commentate the whole game without breaks…

1 Like

An AFLW game only goes for 2 hours and in this case it’s a low rating afternoon timeslot (2pm-4pm). Seven don’t want women’s cricket on the main channel all day and especially leading into the 6pm News, so it’s easier to keep it on 7mate for the entirety of play.

Dizzy doing a great job in the commentary box right now.

I’m impressed with Seven. Their analysis of the difference between Kerr’s leggy and ‘wrong-un’ was superb.

I feel like I’m watching true professionals broadcasting at a premium level.

1 Like

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/channel-9-reject-seven-trade-offer-to-swap-ashes-for-wimbledon/news-story/7219a23b43def821381e3e64501e1333

Probably good for Nine given that Ashes will rate higher than whatever Wimbledon will rate.

2 Likes

Good from nine. Exclusive ashes will rate way more than simulcast Wimbledon. They will be able to sell so much more advertising and the coverage will be cheap with not sending their own commentary team over.

If Seven wants the Ashes again, it should start talking to England and Wales Cricket Board (the rights holder) for the 2023 series.

2 Likes

Will the Ashes be on Fox too? I cant stand the thought of having to watch the Ashes in SD

No it’s exclusive to nine.

‘Live and Free on Seven’ thats what they said about the girls cricket but they bloody have most of it on mate