Seven Cricket Coverage

That’s IF this Test goes into the 4th Day!

The Sri Lankans don’t give me much confidence that it will.

Exactly

Australia at 3/28 weren’t either!

2 Likes

I’ve been out of Oz since 7 tool the cricket and interested to see their opening titles, can anybody link me up?

Is Trent Copeland commentating?

Yep.

1 Like

Starting to sound very ABCish is this coverage.
First Mitchell, now Nicholson and Nannes. Think Copeland has worked for them too recently.

Yep, Copeland’s done some radio work with Grandstand.

I don’t mind it, clearly trying to be different to Nine. Don’t mind the non ex cricketers either, harks back to when Seven last had test cricket in 1997 and used Cometti and Morphett in South Africa.

Seven are airing a documentary on the underarm ball scandal on Monday 4 February at 10pm. Produced and narrated by Adam Zwar.

1 Like

It is a joint Australian-NZ production. It will also air on Prime in NZ tomorrow (February 4) at 7.30pm, with a different narrator (I think).

1 Like

Yes, Prime News anchor Eric Young will voice over in NZ.

3 Likes

I just looked at the TV guides and by the looks of it, Channel Seven are introducing a 30 minute preview show for each of the finals. The Final looks set to be played during the afternoon
SEMI FINAL 1- Pre Match 7:00-7:30, Match Coverage 7:30-11:00
SEMI FINAL 2- Pre Match 7:00-7:30, Match Coverage 7:30-11:00
GRAND FINAL- Pre Match 2:00-2:30, Match Coverage 2:30-6:00

The Underarm documentary got quite a lot of media coverage in NZ ahead of tonight’s premiere, but received little attention here in Australia apart from a couple of promos during Seven’s test and BBL coverage. I wonder how Aussie fans feel about the doco when it finally airs on TV.

2 Likes

That literally means the BBL final will be held in the afternoon of 17th February, not at night.

1 Like

7mate will show the Australian Cricket Awards (formerly Allan Border Medal) next Monday night. Looks like Seven is the host broadcaster. The ceremony will also be shown live on Fox Cricket.

2 Likes

not good enough from C7 to be showing the awards on 7mate. Should be on the main channel.

Why? It’s not like the Brownlow where there’s a real fever pitch to find out who has won (and to a far lesser extent the NRL’s dally M), there’s no real interest in the outcome of the cricket awards.

7 Likes

Nine aired the awards night on 9Gem when they had the rights

5 Likes

It was also revealed during last night’s BBL telecast that 7TWO would broadcast the upcoming three-match women’s ODI series between Australia and New Zealand. 7TWO was chosen because 7mate is being used to show AFLW matches in some states.
Game 1: WACA Ground, Perth, Friday 22 February, 10.20am AWST (1.20pm AEDT)
Game 2: Karen Rolton Oval, Adelaide, Sunday 24 February, 10.20am ACST (10.50am AEDT)
Game 3: Junction Oval, Melbourne, Sunday 3 March, 10.50am AEDT

3 Likes

Nice work from Seven’s graphics in the BBL match today! Haha!