Seven Cricket Coverage

Looking at this tweet, Bishop is still in Australia. Wonder why 7 couldn’t get him to stay longer for the BBL.

2 Likes

Maybe his contract ended and he wanted to have some time off for himself, and he didn’t want to do BBL?

Punter, JL and Katich are carrying the Seven coverage for me.

1 Like

And he instead appears on ABC Radio’s coverage.

3 Likes

And SuperSport’s coverage.

2 Likes

Seven will be seeing red, considering how massive that 6pm lead-in and hour has been the last couple of nights, probably even worse for non-aedt markets, but that’s live sport and namely test cricket and comes with the package so to speak. Not just the abandonment, but the delays beforehand too. A factor Nine and 10 would’ve taken into consideration when bidding for the next rights and putting a valuation on the code RE: test cricket and rain. @TV.Cynic

1 Like

Seven appear to be doing it remote tonight.

3 Likes

Surprisingly Fox is at the ground.

Monday at the SCG, Nicholson, Hodge, Lisa were at the ground,

then Tuesday at Spotless only Lisa was at the ground with others remote.

Today Lisa at the SCG with Nicholson, Hodge and others remote

5 Likes

It’s really quite odd how it all works - doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it which you’d think there would be.

7 Likes

Maybe he (Bishop) flew Jetstar?

With most tests and BBL games commencing on 7mate and then moving to the main channel in Brisbane, we rarely see an opener to the cricket on the main channel.
Would be nice to even have a shortened version? (Not even sure what the openers look like atm).

2 Likes

Instead Brisbane gets this - no indication of 7Mate and then the game starts at 9:00 am on the main channel.

Oh don’t start me! That whole AEDT/7/7mate debacle every single year! :exploding_head:
That slide is incorrect in every sense.

4 Likes

I know a lot of people are on holidays this week, but surely someone at Seven can air different ads/title cards in each time zone of Australia. Instead of the generic aedt one.

1 Like

Well it’s not incorrect, given that it is right where Sunrise airs live.

Just watch on 7mate when the coverage starts?

At the risk of going over all the same points again, you tend to forget in Qld because everything is advertised visually as AEDT (which you don’t necessarily pay attention to), but the audio never says that (I’ve you’re not watching you wouldn’t realise), and rarely says 7mate, it says 7/7plus.
Inevitably, you end up missing the start which isn’t the end of the world… but…

1 Like

But given it’s shown like that in Qld, it is incorrect for that audience.

It’s the whole promos department refusing to make four versions of the same promo.

Doesn’t matter that it’s “just the time / logo changing” - it’s still four promos.

Unless you want all time zones and channel options on the one end board?

1 Like

I hope they’re not advertising 7plus…