Seven Cricket Coverage

Yes. Whenever I get a new TV/set one up for someone, I go through and delete/hide the SD channels that have a HD stream. It annoys me so much to see people watching on SD, when a HD channel is available.

4 Likes

Yes that’s what I was talking about

1 Like

Jason Richardson, Lisa Sthalekar, Brad Hodge and Brian Lara calling Hurricanes v Thunder on 7mate.
In WA, Hurricanes v Thunder is also on 7mate due to late finish to the test cricket. Once play finishes in the test, the BBL will switch to main channel in WA.

2 Likes

Currently at (6:53pm Melb time) both 7mate & 7TWO are showing the BBL

1 Like

Test match telecast finished at 6:50pm (aedt) to head to bbl

2 Likes

Is she commentating the 2nd BBL match? I thought she acquired by 7 for only test matches

Third Test

Pucovski shines in Test debut on Seven

Rain-affected day one of Third Test reaches 3.01 million

Will Pucovski made a sparkling debut on the Seven Network yesterday as he led an Australian batting revival on day one of the Third Test at the SCG, with the live and free coverage reaching 3.01 million people and peaking at 1.29 million.

As Pucovski compiled an impressive 62 that helped the Aussies reach a commanding first innings total of 2/166 at stumps, all three sessions of play dominated their timeslots, ranking #1 in 25 to 54s, 16 to 39s and total people.

On a rain-interrupted day at the SCG, a total average national audience of 594,000 tuned in to the Home of Cricket yesterday during play, while the capital city audience was 411,000.

Australia v India, Third Test, SCG Continues today: 9.30am AEDT, Channel 7 and 7mate

The Third Test between Australia and India enters day two at the SCG, live and free from 9.30am AEDT on Channel 7 and 7mate. Australia resumes its first innings with Marnus Labuschagne on 67 and Steve Smith on 31.

1 Like

In WA, the test cricket will be shown live on 7TWO from 6.30am to 9am local time this Sunday and Monday (January 10-11), due to live NFL Playoffs on 7mate. The cricket moves to main channel at 9am.

3 Likes

She said that she was on yesterday’s Test coverage.

I think Andy Maher called the second match last night.

1 Like

Day two Third Test

Smith breaks run drought in style on Seven

Australian batting maestro Steve Smith blasted back to form yesterday as he scored his first century since the 2019 Ashes series, with the Seven Network’s live and free coverage of day two of the Third Test at the SCG reaching 3.15 million people and peaking at 1.23 million.

On a day when Smith scored a majestic 131 to lift Australia to a first innings total of 338, Seven recorded an average audience of 853,000 viewers nationally for the third session and 603,000 in the capital cities.

The second session had 814,000 viewers nationally and 574,000 capital-city viewers. All three sessions dominated their timeslots, ranking #1 in 25 to 54s, 16 to 39s and total people.

A total average national audience of 669,000 tuned in to cricket’s undisputed #1 team. That was up 3% on day two of the 2018-19 SCG Test between Australia and India.

The capital city audience of 469,000 was up 7% on day two of 2018-19’s SCG Test.

Mega Saturday of Cricket on Channel 7 and 7mate

Second Test at 9.30am AEDT, BBL clash at 7.00pm

The Third Test continues on Seven today at 9.30am AEDT, when India will resume its first innings on 2/96 as the cricket world turns pink to celebrate Jane McGrath Day. Then the live and free cricket action shifts to the BBL at 7.00pm AEDT, with the Perth Scorchers and Sydney Thunder set to square off.

2 Likes

So the cricket is advertised as 9.30AEDT, in Qld to start on 7mate (at 8.30) then switch to the main channel.
Ben Davis says 9am on 7News last night, but he obviously meant on the main channel.
In fact, it’s now on both 7 and 7mate in Brisbane from 9-10 this morning.
Such a mess.

2 Likes

Just to give a bit of context to this, at 9am 7 took the press conference from the premier about the Covid lockdown. 7mate had the cricket on during this and this was noted on 7.

7 left the press conference after about 15-20 minutes and went back to the cricket. Not sure if 7mate continued showing it or not.

1 Like

7mate continued to show cricket until 10am I think.
So why not either have it on there 8.30-10 and leave WS screen in full, then switch to 7…
Or just air WS live 6-9am then the cricket could switch over at 9, or after a press conference if there’s one at that time?
Add in all the confusion with advertising times as AEDT and it’s a mess.

2 Likes

This match has been really subpar, broadcast wise. Keeping with angles too long, not following the ball/following the ball too far (ie going to the boundary but stopped at short leg). Graphics glitches, among other things. On day one they kept staying with the camera that follows the bowler in, and not cutting to the camera that follows the ball after it has been hit. I presume this is all because of the Sydney/Melbourne staff split.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Behind the scenes of Hawkeye (analysis):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJzQJJ0B1-s/?hl=en

1 Like

Very interesting that’s all being done in Melbourne too. Normally I imagine it’s all done in the OB truck at the ground but given it’s being hosted out of NEP Southbank I’m guessing they are doing everything remotely.

Even though Fox are also commentating from Melbourne I guess they still have a more complex setup at the SCG given they are the actual host broadcaster.

3 Likes

If you are talking about Seven’s Hawkeye:

No, like Alison said in the video, it is just analysis (pitch maps, etc). They don’t do the ball tracking: that is done by Fox (technically it’s done by Hawkeye for Fox, the host broadcaster) at the ground.

2 Likes

Doesn’t 7 & Fox both have basically 80% of the same camera angles? And like you said it’s most likely because Fox would be using their Sydney based operators and might have limited camera operators

2 Likes