Seven Cricket Coverage

No, I’m of the understanding there’s a test later in January or early February? You know how CA have changed it all up.

l honestly thought that 7 would never be able to do a decent product here with the cricket but after seeing everything come out the last couple of days I’m excited to see what they can do.

7 Likes

Maybe. They’re certainly taking some risks, but overall seems positive.

Many are asking similar of Nine now with the tennis. Seven’s 40+ years of the Australian Open was more or less quite popular with viewers, if not so much for commentary in recent years, the tennis app / feeds / multiple channels and quality were praised.

No commentators have been confirmed yet by Nine, it’ll be a huge team and will probably be announced later in the year I Nine shot, but public reaction will be interesting.

2 Likes

I think it’s good to have a bit of a shake up. In 10 years time though people will be complaining about how stale this commentary team is.

2 Likes

I forgot Australia would play Sri Lanka in a test match in late January 2019 at the same time as Australian Open tennis. So Tim Lane will skip that one totally?

1 Like

At least we have an alternative now and I think Fox Sports will gain even more subscribers thanks to Barham’s obsession with ball by ball commentary.

1 Like

All in all both seven and fox sounds horrific and hopefully cricket Australia are ruined by this ridiculous rights deal.

4 Likes

With all respect I’m sorry but I think we should hold off the judgments until we actually see the coverage for ourselves. It’s far too early to jump to conclusions right now.

It already sounds better than initially expected (certainly better than what Nine offered), and I somehow think that Nine isn’t going to be any better with tennis.

4 Likes

Let’s take it easy.

2 Likes

HURRAH! :champagne:

What a ridiculous statement.

+1. Good call. Great call. Not getting too ahead of ourselves call.

1 Like
2 Likes

The season launch moved to the MCG this morning.

Getting serious Make Cricket Coverage Great Again vibes from this

2 Likes

A bit over the top, I think it’s best we wait until the summer to find out, Fox Cricket’s Coverage should be good.

2 Likes

That cap is shocking.

I think it’s alright, a 7 logo on that colour’s hat

1 Like
1 Like

Tim Lane and his daughter Samantha Lane will now both be on the same network again. They were both on Channel 10’s AFL coverage together although rarely appeared on screen together and still probably won’t now.

Sam Lane was never part of Ten’s AFL. She was however on Before The Game for 11 years.

I only once remember a cross between Tim and Sam, in Ten’s final year of AFL during finals, where Tim did an afternoon game and crossed for a preview of BTG and Tim said something like “…and a beautiful girl at that”. I have a video somewhere.