Seven Cricket Coverage

Sthalekar is in the UAE commentating on the IPL so she’ll be unavailable

1 Like

That was planned well wasn’t it?

Maybe they’ll have to collaborate with Fox

1 Like

Doubt it - Seven have had other people sit/fill-in for both Sthalekar and Price previously so they’ll just have someone else alongside Price

1 Like

Apparently, Seven rejected the initial discount offered by CA because the proposed total amount:

… was far more than the network considered reasonable.

1 Like

The revised 2020 WBBL fixture was released this morning, with the entire tournament to be held in Sydney.
Eitrj0WU0AARUnH
Seven’s coverage starts on Sunday, October 25, with the doubleheader at North Sydney Oval. The FTA coverage is concentrated on weekends.

2 Likes

Full Channel Seven Broadcast Matches

Sunday October 25 (NRL/NRLW Grand Final Day)
Renegades v Stars at North Sydney Oval 10:20am
Sixers v Thunder at North Sydney Oval 1:45pm

Saturday October 31 (Derby Day/Queensland Election Day)
Thunder v Strikers at GIANTS Stadium 12:15pm
Heat v Hurricanes at GIANTS Stadium 3:40pm
Sixers v Stars at GIANTS Stadium 7:05pm

Sunday November 1
Thunder v Heat at GIANTS Stadium 10:20am
Renegades v Sixers at GIANTS Stadium 1:45pm

Saturday November 7 (Stakes Day/Rugby Championship Round 1)
Heat v Strikers at North Sydney Oval 12:15pm
Sixers v Hurricanes at North Sydney Oval 3:40pm
Stars v Scorchers at North Sydney Oval 7:05pm

Sunday November 8
Renegades v Strikers at North Sydney Oval 10:20am
Heat v Stars at North Sydney Oval 1:45pm

Saturday November 14 (Rugby Championship Round 2)
Scorchers v Renegades at GIANTS Stadium 12:15pm
Hurricanes v Sixers at GIANTS Stadium 3:40pm
Thunder v Stars at GIANTS Stadium 7:05pm

Sunday November 15
Hurricanes v Heat at GIANTS Stadium 10:20am
Thunder v Scorchers at GIANTS Stadium 1:45pm

Saturday November 21 (Rugby Championship Round 3)
Hurricanes v Scorchers at North Sydney Oval 3:40pm
Sixers v Renegades at North Sydney Oval 7:05pm

Sunday November 22
Scorchers v Strikers at North Sydney Oval 10:20pm
Stars v Sixers at North Sydney Oval 1:45pm

Games per team
Sixers- 7
Stars- 6
Thunder- 5
Renegades- 5
Heat- 5
Hurricanes- 5
Scorchers- 5
Strikers- 4

I feel for the Strikers- they made the GF last year whereas the Sixers didn’t even reach the Finals yet they get more games on Seven/Fox

2 Likes

Unless something has changed, the name “GIANTS Stadium” is only used for AFL events

2 Likes

Why? It’s no different to when it was called Spotless Stadium no? Some US backer paid for the rights…

1 Like

I assume for cricket it would just be known as the “Sydney Showgrounds”?

1 Like

I like the consistency of this…

The naming rights deal only covers the AFL season.

2 Likes

It was, and forever will be, Sydney Showground Stadium. Or The Thunderd( r )ome. Fuck the Giants.

2 Likes

No - its Giants Stadium year round

GIANTS Stadium will be the naming rights designation throughout the year, including during Australia’s largest annual ticketed event, the Sydney Royal Easter Show.

3 Likes

This is what I thought. Thanks for that.

@parano1a

1 Like

Seven’s commentary team will be led by Elyse Villani, Belinda Clark, Mel Jones, Holly Ferling, Erin Holland, Brad Hodge, Damien Fleming, Jason Richardson and Andy Maher.

The interesting inclusion in this commentators list is Fox Cricket’s Mel Jones, who has been actively promoting Fox’s same broadcast of the series through her social media pages.

Shit.

Very interesting- she didn’t seem to do much at Fox. Also missing is Julia Price.

Belinda Clark will be terrific and looking forward to the Stars Holly Ferling returning to Seven this summer!

I don’t think Richo will be on tomorrow considering there is racing on- I’d assume they will be in studios with some at the game in Brisbane like Holland and Ferling.

1 Like

According to the schedule, the second women’s ODI is the only match this series not broadcast in HD on FTA due to 7mate televising the NFL on the Monday morning. It will be shown in HD on Fox Cricket.

4 Likes

That’s odd because 7mate’s NFL commitments would be over by the time coverage of that ODI begins at 11am eastern. It would be 8pm ET on the US East Coast then and the late afternoon games are generally done by 7:30pm/7:45pm (ESPN shows SNF so that wouldn’t be an issue)

1 Like

Maybe Seven doesn’t want live sport on 7mate all day?

1 Like