Seven Cricket Coverage

I just want 10 back

1 Like

Yes. I full acknowledge that 10 was BBL, my point was the cross promotion by both nine/ten of cricket as a whole product.

The way in which both networks put cricket before the network, reviews of BBL and test etc within the coverage.

Cricket won, cause of the networks working together, very similar to Ten/Nine with the AFL coverage.

1 Like

mey-mey

9 Likes
3 Likes

Cricket Australia have confirmed the start times for the upcoming Women’s International Series between Australia and New Zealand

Saturday 26th September: First WT20I: 1:50pm AEST
Sunday 27th September: Second WT20I: 1:45pm AEST
Wednesday 30th September: Third WT20I: 1:45pm AEST
Saturday 3rd October: First WODI: 10:10am AEST
Monday 5th October: Second WODI: 10:10am AEST (11:110am AEDT)
Wednesday 7th October: Third WODI: 10:10am AEST (11:10am AEDT)

2 Likes

Cricket: Broadcasters’ payment due but unlikely to arrive

Nine, is signalling its willingness to hopefully get Test cricket back at what would presumably be a reduced price.

“Of course we’d always be interested in having a discussion if a discussion’s there to be had,” chief executive Hugh Marks said at the weekend. “It’s a massive driver of revenue and audience across December and January. It is Australia’s national sport.”

Word is that Marks is most interested in Tests, which have minimal clashes with the tennis.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-broadcasters-payment-due-but-unlikely-to-arrive/news-story/42296fef412f38b86b6a93b92ffbe146

3 Likes

Herald Sun and Daily Telegraph are both reporting that Seven and Fox Sports are likely to pay Cricket Australia only part of their instalments due today ($25 million for Seven, $33 million for Fox Sports). It is the networks’ way of sending a message to Cricket Australia that they don’t believe they are going to get the value they are contracted to receive this summer.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/tv-rights-war-channel-7-fox-sports-put-ball-back-in-cricket-australias-court-over-broadcast-deal/news-story/dc456ab563658270d3b3807e6f28a5f5

UPDATE: Seven made its partial payment today, then declared it would be their final one of the year and called for CA to agree to an independent expert to come in and assess what is a fair recalibration of the rights based on the expected schedule.

5 Likes

ABC Grandstand now reporting of the part payment from Seven.

Does this mean I can buy a house, walk in and go, Nar it’s not worth it here is half the money instead??

2 Likes

If the contract said that the house had walls, but yours didn’t I guess you could?

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

The first cricket games of the season have now appeared in Seven’sschedule with the first

Saturday 26 September at 1:30 pm AEST

T20 International Women Australia v New Zealand Australia’s world champion women’s team kicks off its international summer against New Zealand in the first match of a three-game T20 series at Queensland’s Allan Border Field. Start time: 1.45pm AEST

East coast schedule:
12:00 PM Seven’s Horse Racing Rosehill: Golden Rose Day/ Caulfield
01:30 PM T20 International Women Australia v New Zealand
05:00 PM Seven News At 5

7 Likes

7 Likes

We holding out for new graphics?

1 Like

Will be interesting to see if Seven uses their new font for an updated graphics like they did with the news graphics.

Might not happen though because how Seven wants to terminate so why make new graphics if they will only show Women’s Internationals and the WBBL?

Speaking of the WBBL, we still don’t have a schedule! About a month to go until the WBBL kicks off!- maybe the beef between CA and Seven might be playing a role in this too?

2 Likes

Other Women’s T20 games in schedule

Sunday 27 September at 1:30 PM AEST - main channel

Wednesday 30 September at 1:30 PM AEST - 7Mate

5 Likes

I wonder who will be on the coverage this week. I know at least Erin Holland will be part of the coverage.

I wonder if they will be calling the game from a studio?

1 Like

Maybe, Andy Maher is in Melbourne, not sure where Lisa Sthalekar and Julia Price live. Jason Richardson lives in Melbourne (although I’d hope he goes no-where near the microphone).

Holly Ferling did a bit for Seven here and there last year and she is Brisbane based

Julia Price is Hobart based whereas Lisa is Sydney based

You’d think that Ferling/Holland/Abbey Holmes/Way will be boundary/on-site.