Seven AFL Coverage

I think Port v West Coast will be much closer than the Sydney v Essendon game, if Sydney are switched on, then it could be a one sided game. West Coast are capable of upsetting Port on their day.

5 Likes

The 4.20 timeslot for Swans v Essendon suggests to me that the game will be on 7mate in Sydney.

Will be interesting to see how Seven accommodates news in Melbourne and Adelaide with games on at 4.20 and 7.20 on the Saturday.

Also odd that the “2nd elimination final” is played before the 1st one, but it’s the other way around for the Qualifying Finals?

2 Likes

Seven could put the news on 7TWO in Melbourne & Adelaide.

1 Like

I wonder if the twilight timeslot was a sydney preference

1 Like

Did I read somewhere they’re getting a jump on the NRL final on the same day in Sysney?

Does it really matter?

I hate the whole “why don’t we get Friday because we finished No. 1”, etc.

A final is a final, all level pegging.

Huge audiences will tune-in to all finals.

Sydney v Essendon could get the biggest (if it’s a great game), despite being Saturday afternoon.

2 Likes

The games are 4.20 and 7.50. News could slot in at 7-7.30.

5 Likes

It can - some teams have preferences of playing time

1 Like

I said it last night when posting the finals fixture.

1 Like

Adelaide:

Sunday 3 September 2017

04:00 PM Little Heroes Foundation Slowdown
The Slowdown All Stars and the SANFL Legends will clash in the annual Little Heroes Foundation Slowdown 2017.

1 Like

Then why are you complaining about Essendon getting a twilight game?

I was specifically complaining about the start time, not the timeslot.

I couldn’t care less whether Essendon played Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

I would just prefer a 2:30pm or 3pm start (tradition).

1 Like

From the Seven Network schedule thread:

Schedule Update for SYDNEY
Thursday 7 September
07:30 PM AFL: Qual Final: Adelaide v Greater Western Sydney

Seven will have eggs on its face if this gets beaten by normal programming on Nine and Ten in Sydney.

1 Like

Not sure if the NRL will have a Thursday night final this year? If not, it will be the only live sport option on FTA.

1 Like

Unlikely… NRL have pretty much always done Fri night, Sat afternoon/twilight, Sat night and Sunday arvo in Week 1 of the finals.

4 Likes

Does Channel Nine move their news up for the NRL finals? if so, maybe Seven could forget about news on the Saturday.

I don’t think Seven would do that, particularly in Sydney where their main headquarters for news are. I would be very surprised if they went a day without any sort of evening bulletin.

It does. Last year in the first Saturday of the NRL finals, Nine News aired in NSW and QLD at 4.30pm.

So the WA State Government is requesting for no Friday Night AFL games to be scheduled at the new Perth Stadium until at least July. Do you reckon there might be an increase in Saturday Night and 3.20pm Sunday afternoon fixtures televised by Seven to make up for it? 3.20pm games from Perth have been virtually non existent in the past few years. You’d think the earlier time slot at 1.20pm in WA would be ideal for families to get to the footy. Would be good to see a Derby televised back into Melbourne ala the Showdown from Adelaide in previous years.

Why?

1 Like