Seven AFL Coverage

That’s right. Seven News Perth at 6pm then the AFL at 6.40pm (Seven’s simulcast does not start until the opening bounce).

1 Like

I wonder if 7 will change their score graphic colours during the indigenous round as some teams have different colours with their indigenous jumpers.

Melbourne has very light blue which I think they will wear against the Power which is 7 produced match.
Carlton also has a lighter blue colour than their normal and both of their matches during the 2 indigenous rounds are on 7.

so it would be interesting to see what 7 does

2 Likes

I really like both of those designs!

1 Like

Because the AFL’s broadcast guide thingo is too inflexible to handle the “it’s on Fox Footy on Foxtel or Kayo” situation they have now. Before Kayo they would have just put the one for the channel and be done with it.

Given how Kayo tends to want you to pick events out of menus rather than the linear channels, I’m not sure why they bother, but if they just put the Kayo logo there, some people would think that they couldn’t get it on Foxtel (especially with most of the Fox Sports-related ads for new signings being for Kayo, unless they’re promoting 4K), so :melting_face:

That guide gets very messy once the radio stations are added, as probably will happen later in the week, now that SEN and MMM take practically everything now as well as the ABC… on top of 3AW and the occasional other call like the old NIRS ones or ones in other languages like is happening now…

2 Likes

:melting_face:

And remember before COVID all digital rights were with Telstra, with Live Streaming via their official AFL app (restricted to a small screen due to Foxtel) and Foxtel had to name their GO streaming (via broadcast or NOW accounts) as “Footy Play” in the OzTAM VPM ratings… @TV.Cynic

1 Like

Tbh why does it matter? You are able to identify the clubs easliy, that’s all that matters. No need to change it every game

5 Likes

It adds a touch of professionalism to the broadcast. Casual viewers may not be easily aware of which team is which for example if Carlton are wearing a white jumper or a team is wearing a different predominant colour to the norm.

8 Likes

Yeah, if you’re going to use team colours in the score graphic with logos then you might as well match what the teams are wearing.

For Example:
If there is a match between NM & WB where Bulldogs are wearing white & Kangaroos are wearing blue but the score graphic has both with blue then a casual fan might not know which team is which.

Also it’s the fact that 7 has most (95%) of the time been matching what teams wear with their score graphic.

That’s why I was wondering if they would do the same thing for indigenous round especially since the colours are different for some teams

Oh my, I could die happy now.

Are 7 Perth simulcasting the Fox Footy post game tonight after West Coast v Gold Coast, or do they produce their own?

1 Like

Straight to the 1% Club over in Perth, only a short amount of post game coverage with the Gold Coast Suns song at the end. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

“Channel 7 Children’s Research Foundation” [South Australia] ad accidentally broadcast into Melbourne tonight during Armchair Experts.

updated

Due to the broadcast rights and an upcoming round with a Thursday and Monday game, this round as previously noted is shorter, with only two games on FTA in Melbourne (last night and tonight with no Sunday game).

While Adelaide will see no Saturday prime time game tonight, due to Crows tomorrow.
Sydney will also see no game tonight, due to Swans early this afternoon and GWS tomorrow, along with last night.
Perth won’t have a Sunday game, neither will Brisbane.
Lions on main channel tonight in Brisbane, Perth also receiving that game, as last night was a double-header so got Eagles instead of Rich v Geel, they’ll also get Swans v Dockers today.
And no delayed telecasts in any market this round.

2 Likes

Week commencing 21 May 2023

Sunday 21 May
Sydney
04:30 PM AFL Rnd 10: GWS v St Kilda 7Mate

Melbourne
12:00 PM VFL Rnd 9: Williamstown v Carlton
02:40 PM AFL Pre-Game
03:00 PM AFL Rnd 10: Carlton v Collingwood

Brisbane
03:00 PM AFL Rnd 10: Carlton v Collingwood 7Mate

Adelaide
02:30 PM AFL Rnd 10: Carlton v Collingwood

Perth
11:00 AM AFL Rnd 10: Hawthorn v West Coast

05:30 PM The Game

Friday 26 May
Sydney, Brisbane
07:00 PM AFL: Friday Night Countdown 7Mate
07:30 PM AFL Rnd 11: Sydney v Carlton 7Mate
10:30 PM AFL Post Game 7Mate
11:00 PM Armchair Experts 2023 7Mate

Melbourne
07:00 PM AFL: Friday Night Countdown 7Mate
07:30 PM AFL Rnd 11: Sydney v Carlton
10:30 PM AFL Post Game
11:00 PM Armchair Experts 2023

Adelaide
06:30 PM AFL: Friday Night Countdown 7Mate
07:00 PM AFL Rnd 11: Sydney v Carlton
10:00 PM AFL Post Game
10:30 PM Armchair Experts 2023

Perth
05:00 PM AFL: Friday Night Countdown 7Mate
05:30 PM AFL Rnd 11: Sydney v Carlton 7Mate
08:30 PM AFL Post Game 7Mate

11:35 PM Armchair Experts 2023 7Mate

Saturday 27 May
Sydney
04:30 PM AFL 7Mate
07:20 PM AFL Rnd 11: Gold Coast v Western Bulldog 7Mate

Melbourne
06:30 PM AFL Pre-Game Pre-Game: Gold Coast v Western Bulld 7Mate
07:00 PM AFL Rnd 11: Gold Coast v Western Bulldog
10:30 PM AFL Post Game

Brisbane
06:30 PM AFL Pre-Game 7Mate
07:00 PM AFL Rnd 11: Gold Coast v Western Bulldog 7Mate

Adelaide
02:00 PM SANFL Rnd 7: Central Districts v Glenelg

06:00 PM AFL Pre-Game 7Mate
06:30 PM AFL Rnd 11: Gold Coast v Western Bulldog 7Mate
06:55 PM AFL Rnd 11: Gold Coast v Western Bulldog
10:00 PM AFL Post Game

Perth
12:00 PM AFL Rnd 11: Melbourne v Fremantle

05:30 PM AFL Rnd 11: West Coast v Essendon 7Mate

2 Likes

Possible move to main channel.

1 Like

A massive round of AFL this weekend, with all of Seven’s games top of the table or marquee, all three could do close to 300k in Melbourne if not higher (Fri Port v Melb, Sat traditional DreamTime clash and Sun traditional big rivals Carlton v Collingwood), leading to big shares/margins to cap off Seven’s week (could be important if Blow Up doesn’t deliver) and Sunday lead-in which Seven News is a chance of 400k in Melbourne and flowing into Farmer finale to set-up their next week. That’s what the AFL and network will be hoping happens anyway. Fox Footy could also see some large numbers, although the three aforementioned will be simulcasts of FTA.

2 Likes

What are the regional (i.e. interstate) differences? Do/would they make much of a difference?

1 Like

If I’ve interpreted your comment correctly, only really the Brisbane vs Gold Coast annual ‘Q Clash’ is in prime time this weekend, also main channel specially for Queensland markets, if close contest should do at least 60-70k or higher, if not, 50k (going off previous and what Bris v Ess did last Sat in a fairly one sided affair with former winning), which should be at least on par or higher than the usual movies. So answer is, negligible.

But if you meant regional ratings, probably standard, commensurate to what metro does.

Adelaide, Port Adelaide, West Coast and Fremantle are not in seperate prime time games this weekend nor is Sydney and GWS (latter is techncially but twilight Sunday and m/c due to timeslot for news).

In terms of the FTA produced games, there should be solid interest from Adelaide, Perth, Tas and regional Wa, especially Dreamtime and Sunday, as big matches/clubs including interstate fans/any expat viewers.

1 Like

Yeah I was referring to the interstate variations :+1:

With only the one game taking another’s place then yeah there shouldn’t be much change then.

The Saturday (27th) 4.30pm slot in Sydney (with no team names in that post) is Geelong Cats v GWS Giants which is a Fox Footy call, for what it’s worth. No Sunday game shown on 7mate in Sydney that weekend (on the 28th) as a result - marathon of fishing shows in its place, oh joy (typical 7mate though :roll_eyes:).

Adelaide gets a double-header of Foxtel games on Sunday 28th (Richmond v Port Adelaide early, Adelaide Crows v Brisbane Lions twilight). That also means Brisbane gets the later game on 7mate, rather than the 3.20pm Collingwood v North Melb match.

3 Likes

I would love to see the graphics take on more of a theme to match the round.
The effort the clubs put into their indigenous designs is amazing, and the themed rounds give the AFL a good energy in general, it’d be nice if the broadcasters matched that energy across the board.

3 Likes