Seven AFL Coverage

Does it really matter? It’s not that hard to distinguish between the two teams regardless of a scorebug being red and white.

7 Likes

This one isn’t bad because you can clearly see which team is which & also Sydney was wearing red shorts so they did have red

BUT last year they did have Sydney in white for the exact same match up

4 Likes

It was worse for the SANFL.

Although they were at the ground at least.

Also have 7 branded mics without 7+.

2 Likes

Smaller scorebug than usual?

These are the ones they used for cricket.

No budget for lighting?

1 Like

Pretty sure they don’t match the colour for VFL, SANFL & WAFL. Also don’t think they are done by 7. Could be wrong tho

1 Like

Yeah it’s an external production.

1 Like

Sure, but Port Magpies wear Black and White every week, never teal.

They had teal for Port Adelaide in the AFL in 2021 when they first changed graphics. They only changed it to black towards the end of 2021

1 Like

Yes, it matters. Major sporting leagues like the NBA, NFL and EPL always manage to get these little things right with their on-screen graphics.

I think I’ve read somewhere here before that Seven’s VFL is produced externally such as Jam TV or whoever, is this still the case? I was watching a little yesterday and it’s remarkably identical to their AFL, I noticed one of those collapsing stacked box graphics in the bottom left, showing the commentators names and photos, as seen during the AFL proper. I think this is from a same producer/EP from Ten’s coverage back in the day (Joel Starsovic?) who did the same looking commentary graphic.

1 Like

Correct, they are produced externally, as has been said many times.

2 Likes

Was that tag-line really necessary? I don’t think I could’ve been more careful in wording or polite, otherwise it wouldn’t have been asked. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This Saturday’s Adelaide-Fremantle clash (1.45pm AEST start) will be shown on delay on Seven in SA and WA, the first of three delayed matches involving the Crows and the Dockers this year.

3 Likes

Not the NBA, there multiple nba broadcaster who don’t match what teams are wearing & they have never used white background until ESPN this season.

1 Like

I take it that Seven will need to condense the quarters as much as possible, omitting quarter-time, half-time and three-quarter-time to fit into the two hours?

1 Like

Usually they leave it all in, and cut full time coverage.

1 Like

That’s what Nine would also do for its delayed Sunday afternoon rugby league coverage prior to 2015, if I remember correctly. Half-time analysis would either be omitted completely or summed up in 1-2 minutes, and then full-time would be “timed” so it would end right on 5:59pm, in time for the news.

1 Like

As Apple said, ESPN only started to adopt colours matching the playing jerseys in the NBA with their latest refresh at the start of this season, while everyone else uses team colours. The NFL doesn’t do it either, only changing the colours when there is a clash. For example, Fox used gold for San Francisco in Super Bowl 54 instead of the normal red to differentiate from Kansas City. The only one you are right about is the Premier League, which has had jersey colours as part of their scorebug since 2007.

3 Likes

Sorry, didn’t mean for it to come across like that.

1 Like

All g :slight_smile:

1 Like