Seven AFL Coverage

2 Likes

Tonight’s AFLW score graphic is terrible.

Blues who are wearing white has blue, while Saints wearing black has white.

I know it’s not 7’s production but it’s really really poor

2 Likes

Sarah Olle boundary commentator for the AFLW match tonight. First time on Seven

6 Likes

The AFL today announced the fixture for the 10th and final round of the AFLW season seven. The venue for Fremantle v Hawthorn on the Saturday is yet to be confirmed, but it will probably be at Fremantle Oval.

The AFL had also made two changes to the Round 9 fixture on Friday, October 21. The Crows will take on the Cats at Unley Oval on Friday, October 21 at 5.10pm local time (5.40pm AEDT), a move from Norwood Oval. The second match between Gold Coast and Carlton will move forward to 6.40pm local time (7.40pm AEDT).

3 Likes

This is really amateurish and has been happening all year, mainly for AFLW and VFL games.
How hard is it to get right? The score box should mirror the predominant colour of the team strip.

Has she signed a contract with Seven, or just freelancing/on loan from Fox Sports?

I think Sarah is working for the AFL now (she hosted this week’s episode of The W Show on the AFL website).

5 Likes

She left Fox and replaced Mitch Clearly at the AFL. I think Nat is on a break so Sarah is filling in for her as a freelancer on Seven

8 Likes

In contrast to Friday, todays score graphics is actually good, they have the bulldogs in white.

I don’t understand why there is no consistency, especially if both games were produced by the same production

2 Likes

Another shocker for the AFLW scorebug tonight for the Lions v Crows game with both teams boxes inexplicably in red.

The audio is also dodgy, they were just broadcasting the private conversation of some woman in the crowd!

2 Likes

Game 1 was good with the graphics.
Game 2 is shocking, all red. Maybe Brisbane should of been white??

It’s a Brisbane home game and they would normally be in maroon so I have no idea how they landed on red…

1 Like

My only thing is with the pride jumpers the colour are a bit different?

But still Brisbane has more white or maroon than red. So should of been one of those colours

I understand red for Crows because they have more red at the front than navy blue.

1 Like

3 Likes

I love how the background colour of a lower third is considered a shocker…

5 Likes

Lateesha Jeffrey on the boundary on the GC.

3 Likes

Anyway this week’s broadcast matches:
Friday:
Adelaide v Geelong at Unley Oval
Gold Coast v Carlton at Metricon Stadium
Sunday:
St Kilda v Port Adelaide at RSEA Park
Richmond v GWS at Mildura Sporting Complex

Next week:
Friday
Carlton v Western Bulldogs at IKON Park
Brisbane Lions v Collingwood at Metricon Stadium
Sunday
Port Adelaide v Essendon at Alberton Oval
North Melbourne v Richmond at Arden Street Oval

3 Likes

Ash Brazill in special comments for this arvos match

2 Likes

Mediaweek’s James Manning wrote in his recap of Seven’s upfronts yesterday

Then it was time for the Kurt Burnette show. We started with the broadcaster’s chief revenue officer at the AFL Grand Final (out in the crowd, not a corporate box). Burnette told how Seven would be streaming its AFL matches in 4K when the new rights deal kicks off in 2025. From next year though he promised advertisers more Thursday night games, some double headers across the season and also an extended season of The Front Bar.

6 Likes

Awesome! Glad we had some good news come out of the Upfronts in terms of future AFL coverage, very happy to hear Seven is working to improve their coverage when the next deal takes effect. Hope we hear about new additions too! :grin:

3 Likes