Seven AFL Coverage

I thought this was an intriguing statement. Probably completely reading too much into it, but why need to add this sentence at all, let alone Seven’s coverage, why not just ‘since 2017’ or ‘Jan 2017* or the 2017 Australian Open Men’s Final.

I wonder if there’s still some at Seven rueing the day they let the rights go to Nine. Especially with their attitude to CA lately.

Dunno, just the way it was used and worded was surprising.

2 Likes

I think they are just say that the last big rating thing - the AO final - was also Seven’s

4 Likes

I didn’t realise it had been that long, nearly 4 years, since the last program got 2.7m metro or higher.

I recall that night famously (well for us here anyway) also did a 50%+ share, network and main channel, at the time the first ever or certainly in a very long time to achieve that.

The first-ever night time Grand Final will certainly not be the last after those huge ratings.

7 Likes

If the AFL Grand Final is back at the MCG next year, I think the AFL will try a Twilight GF first, before a night GF.

5 Likes

I’d say maybe start an hour earlier than this year but not much earlier than that.

2 Likes

Did Seven say live streaming was available for last night’s grand final?

2 Likes

I think the AFL would prefer a 5pm timeslot

2 Likes

What? Wasn’t it only on AFL Live?

I feel that’s the best option as it would be a compromise between traditionalists (such as myself) who like the GF staring at 2:30pm and those who want the night GF to stay

It was available only on certain connected devices (eg; Android/Apple/Fetch TV, PS4s, etc)

2 Likes

So all?

Android/Apple TV - not mobile/tablet devices

2 Likes

Keen to watch the #AFLGrandFinal tomorrow night? Watch it on @Channel7 and the 7plus app on selected Smart TVs. Find out more: https://t.co/Zp7vjEtulG pic.twitter.com/TnKbhgYT64

— 7plus (@7plus) October 23, 2020
2 Likes

How many followers do they have?

Less than 2000. In other words no-one.

Where to watch the AFL Grand Final

Get ahead of the game and find out how to watch the AFL Grand Final on 7plus. If you’re planning to stream the Grand Final live, here’s what you need to know.

The AFL Grand Final will be made available on 7plus for select connected TV, set-top-box and gaming console devices, and in 720p HD! You can also watch the AFL Grand Final live on Channel 7 and 7HD.

On what devices can I watch the AFL Grand Final?

You can watch the AFL Grand Final on the following devices:

• Telstra TV
  • Samsung Tizen (2016 and later)
  • Fetch TV
  • Apple TV
  • PlayStation 4
  • Android TV

*Android TV refers to the TV/Set Top Box version of the Android Operating System, which is available on select Smart TV’s and devices such as the nVidia Shield and Foxtel Now Box. For more information on Android TV, click here.

You can also watch the AFL Grand Final live on Channel 7 and 7HD from 6:30pm AEST on Saturday, October 24… Pre-match coverage starts from 10am AEST with the AFL Grand Final Brunch (check local listings).

Can I Chromecast or AirPlay the AFL Grand Final?

No, the 7plus coverage of the 2020 AFL Grand Final is not available for Chromecast or AirPlay.

Is the Grand Final coverage on 7plus available in HD?

Yes! Seven’s coverage of the AFL Grand Final on 7plus will be available in up to 720p HD, depending on the speed of your internet connection.

What time does the coverage start?

Seven’s coverage of the 2020 AFL Grand Final will start at 9AM AEST with the AFL Grand Final Brunch on Saturday 24th of October. Following the Horse Racing, the match build-up begins 4:30pm AEST with the Grand Final Preview, with the bounce at 7:30pm. Our broadcast will conclude at approximately 11:30pm AEST.

Can I watch a replay of the Grand Final on 7plus?

No, unfortunately at this time we do not have the necessary content rights to put AFL Replays on 7plus.

For more information on how to watch or eligible devices, visit our Support Portal here.

Was also on @channel7

Not long to go until the AFL Grand Final! 🏆

Get ahead of the game and find out how to watch on @7plus ➡️ https://t.co/3VcCuKOdFX pic.twitter.com/eHoY1Lyldf

— channel7 (@Channel7) October 24, 2020
3 Likes

Yeah my tip is they’ll go twilight next year unfortunately

It was only a night GF this year because it was in Queensland and their weather this time of year is hot and storms in the arvo plus the sun blinds players in the afternoon at the Gabba

2 Likes

AFL statement on 2020 Grand Final TV ratings

The AFL is pleased to announce last night’s 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final between Richmond and Geelong Cats attracted a national average TV audience of 3.812m.

The 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final was the highest average audience since the 2016 Grand Final and up 30 per cent on the 2019 Toyota AFL Grand Final. The average audience was up 8.5 per cent on the last 5 years.

In an unprecedented year for football, the support and interest from fans in the broadcast of AFL games was extremely strong.

AFL Chief Executive Gillon McLachlan thanked Channel 7 for delivering an historic broadcast of the Gabba Grand Final.

“On behalf of the AFL I want to thank our host broadcaster Channel 7 for not only their broadcast of the historic night Grand Final at the Gabba, but for their team’s commitment to the event and the exciting content delivery in the lead in and post-match.

“All our broadcaster partners, Channel 7, Foxtel, Telstra as well as our radio partners have gone above and beyond this season. Everything we knew previously changed, and their ability to adapt quickly and creatively has provided fans with access to great coverage of our game and helped to deliver one of our strongest years of ratings nationally.”

“To all our loyal fans who tuned in across the season, I hope the footy was able to provide you with some comfort and a break from the challenging circumstances the year has thrown up. Your loyalty and devotion to your clubs showed why you are the best fans in all of sports.”

6 Likes

Update:

Tuesday 3 November

Grand Final replay in Melbourne

12:00 PM AFL Grand Final: Richmond v Geelong

5 Likes