Seven AFL Coverage

The AFL has announced this year’s Grand Final will start at 2.30pm AEST.

5 Likes

Who does Luke know at AFL House?

10 Likes

What was Seven’s AFL cocerage in 2001 like before they lost the rights to Nine

How do you mean?

From memory there was Friday night delayed at 8:30, Saturday replay leading into a Saturday night game from interstate. Sunday’s was usually a double header from interstate. I think by 2001 every match was produced by Seven either for fta or C7 Sport on Optus Vision.

Here’s a full match to give you an idea. Look out for little Jack Silvangi running out with his dad for his 300th game. Also a reminder of how bad Paul Salmon was as a commentator.

2 Likes

The match mentioned above was one of many covered by Seven from 1998 to 2001 that did not get the fully animated “Frost” graphics, as they were used mainly for matches outside Victoria.

1 Like

Yep, since Seven was showing the Swans-Power match live in Melbourne, while the North-Freo match was live in WA.

1 Like

Marty Sheargold makes his debut on The Kick tonight.

2 Likes

scores from yesterday’s and today’s game
Sheargold joins the kick for first time

4 Likes

Big play-out issues during the last commercial break (7HD and Ch 7), long periods of black screen with an intermittent ad here and there. Oops

4 Likes

And an Ident :blush::blush:

1 Like

BT has denied he was involved in an on-air blow-up with fellow caller Jason Bennett earlier this month during a match in Adelaide.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/brian-taylor-has-denied-he-was-involved-in-an-onair-blowup-with-fellow-caller-jason-bennett/news-story/64bf23e20b970d2d2dd5dd36fd48690c

2 Likes

Do you think that they’ll suspend him?

No, if BT’s version of events is true.

2 Likes

The Game airs at 5:30PM straight after the Western Derby 47. Mark Readings will join Xavier Ellis and Shaun McManus at Crown Perth.

1 Like

Sorry if it’s already been asked, but what’s happened to Footy Flashbacks?

It definitely still aired last year on a Sunday before the live AFL, Dennis Cometti was hosting.

Or does it appear on/off or maybe later in the home and away season, towards finals? I hope Seven will return it soon, such a cheap and easy program to produce.

2 Likes

Many of them seemed to be repeats which was bizarre given the depth of content they have access to.

3 Likes

On the evening of the Royal Wedding, AFL will likely be scheduled on 7mate while 7 covers the weddding live.

Mixed bag for WA teams this weekend. While tomorrow afternoon’s match between West Coast and Adelaide will be shown live on Seven Perth against the gate, Sunday’s Richmond-Fremantle clash will be shown on a massive 2.5 hour delay on Seven starting at 1.30pm WA time (I think it is the third and final Fremantle match of the year to be shown on delay on FTA).

1 Like

You’d think it would be the interstate game that is shown live, wouldn’t you…

1 Like

This is the one scenario where I think the football is more important than a wedding that has been much too hyped-up.

4 Likes