SEN (Radio)

it probably is a year by year deal.

1 Like

There’s a corp topic section for all companies, a combined chat.

Combine SEN & Croc topics.

1 Like

Pacific Star paid almost $6.5 million for three narrowcast licences. That does seem a lot of money. From the financial report released last week:

1 Like

Seems a bit of missed opportunity to expand the SEN brand in the Top End if 90.7FM is only for SENTrack. It should be a hybrid station with SENTrack programming plus live AFL, A-League and cricket added.

2 Likes

That would not meet the Narrowcast definition though. The thing they could do would be a deal with Grant for DAB space, where they could do a standard SEN format, but SEN itself needs a commercial licence.

There are some off band narrowcast frequencies that can be used for commercial stations, like 1629am in Adelaide, but their other frequencies need the narrower format of SENTrack.

5 Likes

Including 1629 in Hobart?

I don’t know the exact details - I think it depends when the license was first allocated as to whether it was grandfathered in under the looser laws.

They seem in no rush to get whatever they decide to broadcast there on air though.

1 Like

SEN Spirit 621 only taking an hour of Whatley between 8 and 9am during Daylight Saving. Music from 9am through to 5pm now.

3 Likes

Listeners would be happy with that.

1 Like

How different is the ‘Spirit’ music from 2CH? Could they perhaps end up voicetracking 2CH out of Spirit?

2 Likes

Quite different. Spirit sounds a bit like the regional Triple M network did a couple years ago (at least before the Crocmedia takeover - I believe the format has remained largely the same)

2 Likes

SEN has taken over all the commercial Cricket radio rights. From my understanding they are not even producing any Cricket content for the Nine Radio stations.

2 Likes

SEN is the sole remaining commercial station broadcasting cricket, after Herald Sun reported this morning that Nine Radio had pulled up the stumps.

1 Like

Unfortunately no women’s coverage though or limited overs men’s

1 Like

Yeah it’s a shame the women’s cricket is not on SEN. Anyway it’s a good thing 2ue can be more focused on music. I wonder if 2sm will stop taking Crocmedia content too. Perhaps it’s a bit different because of the rural footprint the super radio network has.

Interesting that Jimmy Smith will be hosting 1-3pm weekdays and then 6-7pm weekdays.

Will it be networked from 1116AM from thereon at weeknights/overnights?

1 Like

Its confirmed SEN Vic will be part of the DAB stations offered in Sydney. Anyway it looks like they investing in SEN 1170 in contrast to Macquarie who kept the high rating sports/shows to 2GB/3AW.

5 Likes

That SEN press release still doesn’t have a date for the start of SEN 1170.

Edit: Could it be starting on Monday? The existing breakfast show finished yesterday.

2 Likes

Guessing that’s probably a short-term thing and there’ll probably be someone else hosting the afternoon shift next year

3 Likes

October 19 according to Andrew Voss.

5 Likes