SEN (Radio)

@thesub Yes they did but what I wrote is happening! Do you doubt what I’ve written?

1 Like

I don’t doubt it. Just weird if they’re doing their own Breakfast news, and then switching to MMN news from 9am onwards.

Well are they allowed to use the MRN report recordings since they don’t have any reporters?

Yes, MRN provide the “News Maker” service for exactly this reason. Allows them to source their news (text and audio) from MRN and then present it themselves, also allowing them the flexibility to choose which stories they want to use and ad in any news they source themselves- for example sport related content.

http://fxrs.com.au/programming-and-services/News-Maker

This probably works well as for them a compromise between not operating a news room as such, but still giving them flexibility in their product.

1 Like

I think 2CA and 2CC do that.

very interesting thanks for that :slight_smile:

Might also explain that when I used to scan by Sport 927 (or RSN as it is now) they had their own newsreader at breakfast but pretty sure they didn’t have any newsroom. They probably had a similar arrangement to this one?

I heard that Light FM were using the same.

The reason why…

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/macquarie-merger-spells-bad-news-some-regional-radio-stations

Looks like SEN has had /another/ website relaunch, while 3MP’s has disappeared off the face of the earth - again.

It’s almost like the station doesn’t exist or anything.

The Program Guide doesn’t have weekend programming except Crunch Time and Brett Phillips Tennis Program Sunday 11am-12pm during AFL Off Season.

Meanwhile at sen.com.au

Herald Sun reports that Garry Lyon is set to return to SEN next year, hosting breakfast show Morning Glory with Seven’s Hamish McLachlan. The report says the pairing could see David Schwarz return to the drive slot in which he previously formed a successful partnership with Mark Allen. Allen is currently paired with Daniel Harford, a name that has cropped up as a possibility to join the breakfast crew at racing station RSN.

Could be proven wrong but that article seems like it’s just an excuse to post as many football media rumours as possible. There’s too many things which don’t add up…

3MP is now Classic Rock Radio on 1377AM and DAB. Classic Rock is back. Good move!

1 Like

…and apparently online but I don’t know where. I can’t find any online presence.

2 Likes

Facebook page has just been updated:

Haven’t heard any jocks yet - hope they’ve still got jobs!

It’s weird seeing at One Time back in the 1990’s and 2000’s, The 1377 Frequency was Melbourne’s Home of Easy Music then came the Awful Melbourne Talk Radio which could’nt catch the More Established 3AW and ABC 774. Then Simulcasted MyMP from DAB+ playing 60’s and 70’s Music and Now Classic Rock. That could be 2SM in Sydney Next.

They only had two, John Tamb and Eddie Olek. John Tamb also panel operated for SEN. I’m sure he’ll still be there, not sure about Eddie. DLS is now also working on DAB. I think they mean to play mostly music with a minimum of chat, like most digital stations. So much better than the new OMG :slight_smile: which seems to be playing what MP used to play. So they have switched positioning now MP is Classic Rock.

You can listen to Classic Rock Radio 1377 online here: https://classicrock1377.com.au/
According to their Facebook page, there’ll be an app for iOS & Android to come.

It is a bit strange to have a ‘classic rock’ station on AM, but because of that, at least it can be heard for a long distance. For instance, it could be heard into Northern Tasmania during the day & night, particularly in coastal areas, and can be received into Sydney at night.

As @Brianc68 said in the “Digital Radio” thread when it was announced late last month that Triple M’s Classic Rock Digital was closing down on October 1:

Well, Pacific Star has done just that, even though it’s only available in Melbourne.

As a native Sydneysider, I’m a bit jealous that Melbourne has better commercial music radio stations than Sydney. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good on them!
Pity it’s only in Melbourne but at least someone is taking on those idiots at Triple M :slight_smile:

2 Likes