Seachange

Brooke Satchwell says she doesn’t think there are plans for a second season of the Seachange reboot, possibly a victim of COVID-19 pandemic.

More likely a victim of it being a terrible and sloppy rehash of the original series, I think. It didn’t deserve a second season.

11 Likes

Yes, it never lived up to the original unfortunately.

3 Likes

Yeah. It was an awful reboot.

2 Likes

Content wise, Gogglebox’s review of the first episode was pretty much the best thing about last year’s rebooted version of Seachange?

I also seem to recall the ratings for last year’s rebooted version of Seachange being lukewarm at best once the initial season premiere/return hype died down. Don’t know how well (or otherwise) the rebooted version has sold overseas, but here at home at least it seems unlikely there’ll be that much interest in another season.

1 Like
1 Like

Let’s all just forget about the channel 9 season… and pretend that it never happened.

6 Likes

Yes. Best forgotten

2 Likes

Yes best to pretend the Ch9 version of Seachange never happened. One wonders in retrospect what it would have turned out like if the ABC had said yes to being involved with the revival and being the broadcaster and Andrew Knight had also returned as writer and co creator in addition to deb cox.

The move was in my view wish fulfilment on the part of Deb Cox reading her comments about it and also because she now lives in the area they ended up filming. The main killer for me was the lack of familiar landmarks and scenery. They really should have gone back to Barwon heads even if they had to write in the changes the area has undergone.

Also if they Couldn’t get Cassandra McGrath to return as Miranda then they should either have delayed to get the casting right or done a rewrite to make the character less instrumental to the storylines.

I wondering if Sigrid in particular is now regretting being involved in the reboot considering how bad it was.

5 Likes

even ita buttrose the chair of the abc would like to see seachange come back to abc , but not the one that went to commerical tv

2 Likes

It isn’t beyond a good writer to write out the ch9 season as a dream sequence or something should the ABC one day decide to give seachange another go but it seems unlikely though it would be good to see it happen if only to leave a better legacy for the show and those involved that what ch9 did.

1 Like

Or you just plain ignore the “reboot” like it never happened

1 Like

yes that is the best strategy but one can dream :slight_smile: