Seachange

It aired on Sunday nights on the ABC originally in a 7.30 slot. It could air in a 7.30 slot when The Voice is airing or after The Block finishes at the end of next year. Production commences in early 2019 I think. So I doubt it would be ready to air until the middle of next year at the earliest.

I hope other original cast members return, including Kerry Armstrong.

The problem will be trying to get original cast members back. You would hope that they didn’t recast characters.

I think it will take Bite Club’s slot.

Any chance Diver Dan could return?

Hopefully they do this well.

1 Like

I wonder if Shaun Micallef could return? He will be appearing in Nine’s other ITV production Talkin’ 'Bout Your Generation, so I am thinking it is a possibility.

1 Like

I hope not. I think networks need to try local drama in the marquee 7.30 slots more if they’re wanting big audiences. A lighter show like Seachange is a perfect fit for a slot like that.

3 Likes

Happy to see this back in an age of sequels and reboots. Season 3 wasn’t as good but still pretty enjoyable. I hope they don’t tarnish the legacy and reputation, even with the same creative team behind it.

Still anything with Thornton & Howard is worth a watch.

I agree, that’s why I hope A Country Practice comes back (a real family drama), but realistically I can’t see it happening or if it did happen would be a success. The Networks have successfully killed the slot for anything other than reality, which is such a shame.

I also can’t see the networks gambling such an expensive show against cheaper reality tv fare, which rate pretty consistently and everyone knows what they get. I also can’t see viewers dumping their reality tv programme for just one night of an alternative either.

Still I would love to be proved wrong.

1 Like

I hope you are Harriet.

Lmao Nine’s really reliant on reboots. More often than not they don’t work (AGT, TBYG)

I can just imagine Seven countering by resurrecting one of Packed to the Rafters, All Saints, Blue Heelers, Winners and Losers, Sons and Daughters, A Country Practice (or all of them) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How does that work? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think this could be redone as a really good contemporary mini-series. Limited run. Like 8 episodes only.

1 Like

It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Seven bring back A Country Practice. They would’ve noted the success Nine has had with Doctor Doctor and aspired to copy the formula- soap opera/serial drama centred around a hospital in a rural setting.

3 Likes

Seachange reboot now has a new working sub-title: Paradise Reclaimed. It has also received production funding from Screen Australia and Screen NSW.

An eight-part series for the Nine Network that follows Laura Gibson (Sigrid Thornton) who returns to the beachside paradise of Pearl Bay to attend the birth of her estranged daughter’s baby. Rising seas levels, community cover-ups and some very stormy weather conspire to convince her the town now needs her as much as she needs it. The series will be executive produced by Every Cloud Productions’ Deb Cox (Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries) and Fiona Eager (Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries ), Sigrid Thornton, David Mott from ITV and Lois Randall (Grace Beside Me). Deb Cox who wrote for the first three series of the show’s original incarnation is on board as the head writer of the reboot working with script producer Kym Goldsworthy (Deep Water). Film, television and theatre director Wayne Blair whose credits include The Sapphires and Top End Wedding is on board as the set-up director. This project was financed with support from Create NSW through its Made in NSW TV Drama funding and Regional Filming Fund.

2 Likes

Same David Mott who used to program for Ch 10 ?

How many David Motts do you think are operating in the industry?

1 Like

I’m looking forward to this…

1 Like

As it says funding from create NSW and there is an article online announcing it apparently will be filmed in the Brunswick Heads area. not sure how they intend to explain the difference between Barwon and Brunswick. no bridge for a start.

Well there is though, it’s just the M1 and old highway bridges across the Brunswick River a few kms north. Nothing spectacular of course.

Will Victorians be revolting and refuse to watch? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes there is. Smack bang in the middle of Brunswick.