screenPLAY

Yup, they showed the old top on the show, propped up next to the garbage bin.

Wow, the shit I discuss on mediaspy on a Friday night hey

4 Likes

eGG on Fetch has had live coverage this week of events in Poland and Korea. I’ve had a look just to see what it’s like, but I’ve found watching other people play video games is not riveting television.

Just watched the last two episodes, and the show is improving. They’ve made some tweaks to the format and it seems to flow much better.

2 Likes

ScreenPLAY will now air at 7:30 on 7mate Thursday nights. A much better option in my opinion.

1 Like

That’s much better, and a vote of confidence in the show.

2 Likes

New year, new timeslot. screenPLAY returns at 11:00pm Friday February 23 on 7mate. Online programming returns Monday Feb 19.

I hope the 11pm timeslot is temporary.

Well that’s unfortunate. Even later than the 10:30pm time at launch. 10:30 was okay to stay up for, but 11 is a bit of a stretch. Are management just hoping they have enough of a digital following that they will follow them to Plus 7?

RIP

They had just relaunched with a new set a couple of months ago, and were putting up content on YouTube on Friday. Not that is was unexpected, 11pm on a Friday was never going to get eyeballs.

Such a shame, really good show with some great potential, I think it was the late timeslot that lead to its demise.

1 Like

Obviously the late timeslot was due to the fact that it didn’t find an audience in an earlier timeslot, obviously a lot of supporters of this show but maybe not suited to a commercial audience on FTA.

2 Likes

There was no scheduled episode in the advanced guides for this week, so it was a few weeks coming it seems.

I kind of lost enthusiasm when they moved it to so late on a Friday. 7Plus isn’t that great either, I just tried to watch the end of the last episode, and I sat through the same 10 second Home and Away ad 6 times. They got decent views on YouTube though, strange they didn’t try and monetise that. Or even a Saturday morning slot or something. I know it was all PR, but Seven seemed pretty committed to trying something new a year ago, and now it hasn’t even lasted a year. Shame.

1 Like

There is a wish in that Instagram post that they want to get together in another form. YouTube would be an obvious avenue.

2 Likes

I’m surprised it lasted in the late Friday slot this long. I watched most weeks when it was on at a reasonable time on Thursdays but I don’t think I watched any Friday episodes.

It was a decent show, but the run time was far too short for any in-depth features in a given episode once you took the ad breaks into account.

3 Likes

The online stuff on Twitch was quite good, as well as the special that they done on Mate for the ESports tournament, tho think that should have gone to Seven Sports.

Are we allowed to get the ratings figures off who ever has the software?

Can’t post figures outside the top 20 but @TV.Cynic maybe able to indicate if it made the top fifty multichannel programs at any point. I doubt it would’ve shown up on any of our reports since the move to Friday nights.

2 Likes

Not showing up in any results this year.

1 Like