Schapelle Corby Returns

1 Like

Cringeworthy stuff by 7 and 9.

3 Likes

Already at the airport via 9news.com.au

was this shown live on Ten after the bulletin had finished. Or was it during the national news

Honestly wouldn’t expect anything less from Seven or Nine when it comes to coverage on this, although it reflects very poorly on the state of commercial TV in this country when rolling coverage of Corby takes priority during primetime hours.

5 Likes

Mediaspy: I hate this kind of coverage

also Mediaspy: 125 comments later.

C’mon, we kinda love this madness.

18 Likes

Not quite as much as Seven and Nine news directors :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Holier than thou comments here about the coverage. You should know these guys. This is the news media. I am surprised some of you don’t get it. If you were running Seven News or Nine News, would you really just do the “responsible” thing and give the other guys a free kick.

Ridiculous. The whole thing.

I really hope they are rewarded with ratings. I mean I know they need to try and out do each other to the point of no return, but what a joke.

2 Likes

Ready to go.

Flight Tracker.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Mobile/flightMap.do?id=898026570&airlineCode=VA&flightNumber=46

5 Likes

I thought Mark Burrows chasing the van down the street sounding like he was about to have a heart attack was funny but then Chris O’Keefe pops up doing every single cross with his hand daintily placed on his hip inventing words such as ‘husband in-law’ and making no effort to hide his true feelings about the Corby family. He was an absolute riot.

But the highlight of Nine’s coverage was definitely footage of the poor Indonesian reporter tumbling over the fence and one policeman pointing and laughing.

5 Likes

news.com.au has full coverage, including from their Corby expert Cindy Wockner.

@Shaun_A couldn’t agree more with you. Diabolical coverage if you ask me from both Seven and Nine.

3 Likes

Not sure where the pic of the boarding pass originated from but they might want to black out the PNR number as it gives anyone access to the details of the booking online (wouldn’t want everyone knowing my phone number, address, cc details thanks)

From inside the convoy.

2 Likes

All the armchair experts are out critiquing 7 and 9 tonight but the funny is, most watched it! The networks have the last laugh.

3 Likes

The flight is expected to depart in 5 minutes; still reported as on-time but is actually 5 minutes after schedule indicated.

Apparently the media has got it wrong they are flying Malindo Air (according to Mercedes latest Instagram post) and there are no code share agreements between both Virgin Australia & Malindo Air.

4 Likes